Electric Shock Causes Bizarre Star Pattern To Form On Man’s Eyes

| Leave a comment

An electrician became starry-eyed after being shocked by 14,000 volts of electricity while he was on the job
Art often imitates life, and in the case of a 42-year-old electrician, this was no exception. The electrician became starry-eyed after being shocked by 14,000 volts of electricity while he was on the job. An electrical current went through the unidentified man’s entire body after coming into contact with his left shoulder. According to the case report published in the New England Journal of Medicine, the current struck the optic nerve and caused star-shaped cataracts to manifest in both of his eyes.
The electrician was treated after he went to see Dr. Bobby Korn, an associate professor of clinical ophthalmology at the University of California, San Diego four weeks after the initial incident. The man went to the ophthalmologist complaining of impaired vision. Three months after, the electrician had surgery to remove the cataracts from his eyes and implant a new lens. The man’s vision is still impaired after 10 years, but he still leads a normal life

comments powered by Disqus

Daily Columns