Unity Bank is showcasing eight new products at the Lagos internatioinal trade fair which opened on Friday.
The products are the Unity Pays Fixed Assets Acquisition (UPFAA), Unity Pays Assets Acquisition Regular (UPAAR), Unity Bank Better (UBB), Point of Sales (POS) and Unity Holy Trip (UHT).
Others are the Double Edge Account (DEA), Internet Banking and Fixed termed Deposits.
A Senior Official of the bank at the trade fair told journalists on Wednesday that the products were unique to the bank and were aimed at wooing more customers.
She said the bank’s presence at the fair was to promote the image of the bank and to increase its customer base.
The official described the Unity Pays Fixed Assets Acquisition as a kind of revolving account that would help customers to buy specific items.
“This product allows a customer to deposit 20 per cent cost of the fixed item he wants to buy while the bank makes up the remaining 80 per cent.
“The customer has one year to pay back the loan. Our POS allows the customer to pay for goods in supermarkets and pay through electronic machine.
Our Fixed Term Deposit is modified to give special interest which is higher than savings and it has limits,” the Senior official said.
She said that the DEA was a kind of savings account but allowed the customer to withdraw with cheque book amount up to N50, 000.
The official said its Unity Holy Trip accounts allowed Muslims and Christians to save money for pilgrimages to Mecca and Jerusalem ahead of time.
She said the bank was at the fair to make its impact felt, meet old customers’ expectations and get new ones.
She said that the bank had tried to improve on the complaints of its customers following its outing at last year’s fair.