Nigerian music promoter, Nwede Ikechukwu Emmanuel, popularly known as Iking Ferry, clocks 25 on Monday, September 6, 2021.
Here are 10 things you should know about Iking Ferry at 25.
1. Iking Ferry whose real name is Nwede Ikechukwu Emmanuel was born on September 6, 1996 in Otam Nwogba, Izzi local government area of Ebonyi State, into the family of Mr and Mrs Mbadiwe Innocent Agwu.
2. Iking Ferry has five siblings, three brothers named Nwuze Emeka, Nwuze Ndubuisi, and Nwede Chinedu, including two sisters namely Nwuze Chika and Mbadiwe Amarachi.
3. He enrolled into the Yaba College of Education, Lagos where he studied Accounting. In 2017 Iking Ferry advanced his education by enrolling into Los Angeles College of Music in California, where he tudied Music Business and Digital Marketing. He graduated in 2020. He also pursued his Bachelor degree in Accounting at the University of Lagos (UNILAG).
4. The muitiple award winning International Music Promoter also won Mr and Mrs Classy Nigeria Awards for Blogger of the Year in 2019.
5. He has actively worked at Audiomack and Spotify as Editor and Music Curator.
6. In 2018, Iking Ferry founded Naijatraffic as an Entertainment blog, which he later transformed to a streaming platform in 2021. Currently, Naijatraffic is considered as the fastest growing Music Streaming Platform in Nigeria, which allows its users to upload, promote and share unlimited music and podcast for free. It also gives its users and visitors the ability to discover and download millions of new and trending Nigerian and international songs for free on their mobile devices.
7. Ferry is also the Founder and CEO of Your Boss Empire, an artiste management company, responsible for PR service, brand profiling, music publishing and licensing.
8. Ferry is a fitness enthusiast and likes to spend his leisure time at the gym. He also has investments in real estate and agricultural sector, owning a large number of poultry farms.
9. Iking has actively worked and partnered with some of the major labels and distributors in the music industry and is considered one of the leading Nigerian media experts, as he is the brain behind some of the best known musicians Nigeria and world ever produced.
10. He also founded Naijatraffic Awards in 2020, where the likes of Laycon, King Bernard, Hbee and lots of other Nigerian celebrities won some of their major awards at the 1st edition of the event.
Naijatraffic Awards is one of the subsidiaries of Naijatraffic, which major aims is to celebrate the achievement of the new generation, encouraging them on their various creativities in the industries.