The Lagos State Fire Service on Thursday confirmed the death of a mother and her three children in a fire incident in Aguda Surulere area of Lagos.
Mr Rasak Fadipe, Director of Lagos State Fire Service, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the four family members were burnt to death inside a laundry shop.
“We got the information at about 2.13a.m. We met the fire raging at Olubi Street, Aguda Surulere and at the time it was put out, four members of a family were found dead.
“The mother, Mrs Ugonu; the children – Ada, 10; Michael 8; and Ugochukwu, 6 – were brought out dead from the shop used for laundry.
“Their father was rescued and taken to the hospital,’’ Fadipe said.
He said that the remains of the deceased were handed over to policemen from Aguda Police Division.
According to Fadipe, four shops were destroyed in the fire.
The fire officer advised residents to always switch-off any electrical appliances not in use and disconnect faulty ones to avoid fire outbreak. (NAN)
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from LEADERSHIP Nigeria Newspapers. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for our newsletter
- AFRICA18 hours ago
Just In! Cameroon President, Paul Biya, 85 Wins Another 7 Years Term
- INTERVIEWS20 hours ago
Atiku Will Take Nigeria Backwards: Olawepo-Hashim
- NEWS20 hours ago
APC Expels Nnamani
- NEWS17 hours ago
Supporters Optimistic of APC Win After Gwamna’s Defection
- METRO19 hours ago
Wife Seeks Divorce Over Sex Denial
- METRO16 hours ago
24-hour Curfew Not Relaxed As el-Rufai Addresses Kaduna 8pm Today
- POLITICS17 hours ago
NASS Has Saved Nigeria From Collapse – Dogara
- Others14 hours ago
EDHA: Obaseki, Oshiomhole Lawmakers Clash Over Deputy Speaker Impeachment