Connect with us
Advertise With Us


Woman, Grandson Arraigned For Attacking Teachers In School



A woman, Abibat Alade, of No. 123, I Apata compound, Okelele, Ilorin who allegedly conspired with her grandson, Babatunde Yusuf, and assaulted the staff of Okelele Secondary School, Ilorin have been arraigned before an Ilorin Chief Magistrate’s Court.

The accused allegedly hired some hooligans and invaded the premises of Okelele Secondary School, Ilorin where they attacked the principal and a teacher of the school and also destroyed some property of the school.

The long arm of the law caught up with the accused following a distress call received on March 19 2018 at ‘C’ Division Police Station, Oja-Oba, Ilorin from one Shuaib Shittu Olaitan of No. 8, Fagna Street,  Ilorin that the accused were fomenting trouble in the school premises.

According to the complainant, the accused criminally conspired and mobilised some group of thugs now at large to Okelele Secondary School, Ilorin and attacked both the principal and teachers in the school.

The complainant stated that the accused also destroyed some valuable property belonging to the school as  revenge to moderate correction given to her grandson by the school authority over his alleged misconduct.

The Police First Information Report (FIR) stated that in the course of investigation the accused confessed to the crime.

The FIR added that investigation conducted at the Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Ilorin revealed that the accused employed some thugs to attack the staff of Okelele Secondary School, Ilorin, destroyed some property and caused disturbance of public peace.

The accused were arraigned on a three-count charge of criminal conspiracy, assault and inciting disturbance, which contravened Sections 97, 265 and 309 of Penal Code Law.

The prosecutor, Inspector Matthew Ologbonsaye informed the court that investigation into the case was yet to be completed.

He objected bail of the accused and urged the court to remand them in prison custody pending the outcome of investigation.

The trial Chief Magistrate, Mrs. K.A. Yahaya however admitted the accused to bail each in the sum of N250,000 and  two sureties in like sum.

She court adjourned the case till April 15 for further mention.



%d bloggers like this: