The Divisional Police Officer ( DPO) of the National Assembly, CSP Abdul Sulu- Gambari who was rumoured to have been redeployed at the weekend to Adamawa State by the Police was confirmed to have officially handed over to his successor, SP Abdullahi Sambo .

Journalists watched as Gambari did the handing over by mid-day yesterdat to the new DPO at the Police office at the National Assembly

While Gambari was in mufti (white kaftan), the new DPO was in Uniform with coterie of Policemen around him.

Though the outgone DPO declined granting interview to journalists who witnessed the handing over, he expressed his delight for their presence by thanking them for the cooperation accorded him throughout his stay as DPO National Assembly.

Gambari’s redeployment from the National Assembly is not unconnected by submissions he made to the National Assembly ad- hoc committee on Senate invasion and Mace theft of 18th of last month.

Gambari who was the NASS DPO then, succeeded in apprehending some of the hoodlums who carried out the invasion and mace theft the very day the then suspended Senator Ovie Omo- Agege ( APC Delta Central ) forcefully attended senate plenary, made a lot of revelations to the Senator Ibn Na’Allah ( APC Kebbi South )-led committee.

According to the committee at its sitting last week Wednesday when the representative of the Inspector General of Police , CP Abu Sani appeared before it, the report given by the outgone DPO indicated that arrested hoodlums made confessional statements and handed over to the Force Headquarters.

But CP Abu in his response said the arrested invaders were in the custody of the FCT Police Command and that statements written by then had no serious link with the mace snatcher who is still at large.

“Our focus for now is to get to the root of the matter by getting the real snatcher of the mace and not just the other accomplice who have all denied the act in their statement,” he said.

It would be recalled that at the session, CP Abu Sani angrily told the committee members that investigation on the invasion and mace theft may last for 10 years .

The CP’s submission to that effect was triggered by the remarks made by the Co- Chairman of the Committee, Hon Betty Apiafi that Police was foot dragging on the investigation.

Apiafi in her remarks said : “ Police investigation on the national embarrassment as far as we are concerned is very slow and how long would it take ? To which the CP responded by saying “ it could take 10 years “

Angered by the response , the co- chairman of the committee angrily fired back by saying “ why not 30years?”

According to her , the investigation being carried out by the Police on an invasion where people involved were captured by Close Circuit Television ( CCTV) and arrested by National Assembly division of the Police , is not impressive because those involved supposed to have been charged to court by now .

But the CP interjected her by saying “ that is your personal opinion , as far as the Police is concerned, investigation into criminal matters has no timeline, more so, when the invader who actually carried the mace is still at large .