The four boys have been transported to a hospital in Chiang Rai in northern Thailand, about 60km away, witnesses told Reuters news agency.
Some 90 divers are involved in the rescue operation – 50 are foreign and 40 are Thai, the head of the rescue operation said.
Next operation to start in 10-20 hours
Chiang Rai Governor Narongsak Osottanakorn said Sunday’s rescue mission has come to an end and the next one is to begin 10-20 hours later, depending on weather conditions.
Only four boys have come out of the flooded cave on Sunday, Al Jazeera’s Scott Heidler reported, following earlier confusion where reports of another two had been recovered, emerged. That was “all wrong”, Heidler clarified.
Heidler noted it appeared as though the four boys had been rescued in pairs, as each two were escorted out of the Tham Luang cave complex only minutes apart.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from LEADERSHIP Nigeria Newspapers. Contact: [email protected]