After securing a sensational transfer to Juventus from Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo has jumped up the list of the top 10 highest paid players at the 2018 Soccer World Cup.
Ronaldo left Spain to join Italian champions Juventus in a four-year deal for €100 million that will see his salary rise to an astonishing £500 000 per week.
This eye-watering amount though is still not enough to clinch the top spot on the highest earners list in world football with the 33-year-old lying in third spot.
Lionel Messi holds top spot with £40.1 million (R709 million) after recently signing a renewed contract at Barcelona with Brazilian forward Neymar in second position on £31.7 million (R555 million) ahead of Ronaldo on 26.6 million (R465 million) after securing a world record move to Paris Saint-Germain.
10 highest earners at the World Cup:
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona) R709 million (R13.6 million-a-week)
- Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain) R555 million (R10.6 million-a-week)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) R465 million (R8.9 million-a-week)
- Alexis Sanchez (Manchester United) R410 million (R7.8 million-a-week)
- Oscar (Shanghai SIPG) R370 million (R7.1 million-a-week)
- Ezequiel Lavezzi (Hebei Fortune) R355 million (R6.8 million-a-week)
- Mesut Ozil (Arsenal) R320 million (R6.1 million-a-week)
- Hulk (Shanghai SIPG) R308 million (R5.9 million-a-week)
- Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain) R280 million (R5.3 million-a-week)
- Paul Pogba (Manchester United) R270 million (R5.1 million-a-week)
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from LEADERSHIP Nigeria Newspapers. Contact: [email protected]
Which party would you vote for President in the 2019 general election?
- APC (51%, 1,382 Votes)
- PDP (37%, 993 Votes)
- Others (5%, 144 Votes)
- None (5%, 142 Votes)
- ADC (2%, 55 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,716