Joseph had a lot of things going on very well and beautiful in his life at first. He was greatly loved by his wealthy father Jacob. He was the first son born to Jacob through Rachel, and therefore, he was his father’s favorite son. He had great dreams that made him feel good about himself. But then one day his entire life changed. Can you imagine how it must have felt to know your brothers hated you so much? He was forced to leave the comfortable life he had known, full of love from his father, and go forth into the unknown. How frightening that must have been for a boy of 17. Yet, God had His hand on Joseph. God had a divine purpose for this young man. Joseph didn’t know why God had chosen this path for his life until the very end, yet he never wavered in faith. God was always in control. Joseph kept his eyes on God, and He used Joseph greatly. What an encouragement to us. Let God use you where you are. Let Him use you in the hard times, as well as the good times.
A challenge is a difficulty, obstacle, or problem that prevents a person from reaching his or her goal. There are many challenges that confront us in life but Jesus confirms to us that with Him we are already victories (Jn. 16:33). The Bible also encourages us to rejoice in tribulations because trials are allowed by God to develop patience in us (James 1: 2 – 4). Challenges come to different people in different ways and even though we may not be able to determine the type of trial we will experience, we can always depend on God for victory. Abraham Lincoln overcame many obstacles before becoming the best president America has ever had, David, Daniel and many other Bible characters encountered many challenges in life before fulfilling their destiny. If you are going through any of life’s trials at the moment, I want to let you know that God is able to see you through. What do we do when life’s challenges come?
Please let’s pray for a moment:
“Lord, thank you for the lessons you are about to reveal to me through Joseph’s life. Encourage me through his life to seek you more intimately and to trust you for every situation that comes into my life. Keep me mindful that you are always in control.”
Joseph had a divine purpose. His divine purpose became the element that made life not to always be easy. His life was filled with ups and downs. Yet Joseph found favor with God and he allowed God to use him wherever he went. Where does God want to use you? What is His divine purpose for your life? Are you focused on Him, or are you focused on your circumstances and the situation in which you find yourself? Let God use you to accomplish His divine purpose through you.
Here are ways you can take a faith stand like Joseph
1. Look unto Jesus: In Heb.12: 1–4. The Bible informs us that we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses as we run the race of life and because of this, we should look unto Jesus who is the Author and the Finisher of our faith. Jesus gave us an example of how to endure life’s trials because dying on Cross to pay the penalty for our sin was the ultimate example of overcoming a trial. As we focus our attention on Jesus, He will bless us with His presence and His grace to help us in our moments of affliction.
2. Do not despise the day of small: As a slave, Joseph started with small responsibilities. It’s a great reminder for us not to despise the day of small things. (Zechariah 4:10). God’s word encourages us of minding the day of the small things, and we see Jesus operates in the same way in Matthew 25:21. So don’t despise the day of the small things. It results in great blessings.
3. Focus on your Goal: Joseph was given a dream by God to become a leader. Along the journey of his life he had many obstacles but through the help of God and by focusing on his goal, he was able to overcome.
4. Endure the Pain: The Bible says in Ps. 30: 5 that weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning. Jesus endured the pain of the Cross, Joseph, Paul and Silas endured the pain of imprisonment. We are also called to endure the pain that comes with trial because when we do, we will overcome.
5. Encourage Yourself: In Heb. 12: 12, the Bible says “wherefore lift up the hands which hang down and the feeble knees.” God wants us to encourage ourselves in the Lord when trials come. David encouraged himself in the Lord when he was confronted and threatened by his men (I Sam. 30: 6 – 8).
6. Be industrious: Joseph was industrious. Running the affairs of Egypt and running it well had to be demanding of his time and energy. Inspiration is God’s part, and the most important part, but Joseph had an important part too, and that was to give it his best. Joseph’s response is remarkable given the circumstances. He had to have been tempted to succumb to depression as a result of his brother’s intense hostility and rejection of him, as well as his current circumstances in Egypt. But he didn’t fall into despondency. Instead he worked with all his heart, as working for the Lord, not for Pharaoh. It’s been said: “Genius is one percent inspiration, and ninety-nine percent perspiration.”
We must pray earnestly and fervently we must not give up. We must have the attitude of expectation, believing that God is able and willing to answer our prayers (see Luke 18). We must remember that faithfulness is in the character of God and that He is willing to hear us and He is able to do far more than we ask, expect or think of Him (Ephesians 3:20)
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from LEADERSHIP Nigeria Newspapers. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- OPINION13 hours ago
Buhari: Workers’ New Bride
- NEWS10 hours ago
Kogi Govt Commences Payment Of 4 Months’ Salary To Workers
- BUSINESS20 hours ago
Minimum Wage: Labour Appeals To PMB To Expedite Action
- NEWS20 hours ago
PMB Signs Extradition Bill, 4 Others
- NEWS19 hours ago
Minimum Wage: Omar Commends FG, NLC
- NEWS20 hours ago
CNPP Condemns EFCC’s Silence On Kano Gov’s Bribery Video
- NEWS5 hours ago
Drama In Court! Woman Makes U-Turn On Divorce, Begs For Mercy
- CRIME4 hours ago
Teenage Female Suicide Bomber Arrested In Borno