Ekiti State Governor-elect, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, yesterday, named eminent citizens of the state, that will serve in his Governorship Transition Committee.
The Committee was charged with the responsibility of liaising with the outgoing administration for a smooth transition ahead of the October 16th take off date of the new government in the state.
The 32-member committee is to be chaired by a former member of the National Assembly, Senator Olubunmi Adetunmbi as chairman, while a former Chairman of Ijero Local Government Council, Hon Abiodun Omoleye will serve as deputy Chairman.
A former Permanent Secretary in the state’s civil service, Mr Ayodeji Ajayi, is the secretary of the committee to be known as the Ekiti State 2018 JKF/APC Governorship Transition Committee.
According to a statement signed by the Special Adviser on Media to the Governor-elect, Mr Yinka Oyebode, the inauguration of the Governorship Transition Committee will hold on Wednesday, July 25, at the Conference Hall, AB Hotels, Ado-Ekiti, by 12 noon.
The members of the committee include: Dr. (Mrs) Moji Yaya Kolade , Prof. Eddy Olanipekun, Chief Ropo Adesanya, Dr. Dare Ojo, Prof. Tale Omole, Hon. Olubunmi Oriniowo, Mr. Tunde Olatunde, Mr. Debo Ranti Ajayi, Mr. Ade Omonijo, Alhaji Afolabi Ogunlayi, Barr, Wale Fapohunda, Mr. Dapo Kolawole, Chief Kola Akosile,Mr. Phillip Amujo, Barr. Paul Omotosho, Chief Taiwo Olatunbosun, Engr. Tunde Alabi.
Others are: Mr. Abiodun Oyebanji, Prof. (Mrs.) Francesca Aladejana, Mr. Seyi Aiyeleso, Dr. (Mrs.) Ayeni Agbaje, Mr. Ayo Owolabi, Mrs. Folusho Olaniyan, Alhaja S. Badmus, Mrs. Sola Salako-Ajulo, Mr. Eyitayo Fabunmi, Mrs. Toyosi Omope, Hon. Bunmi Akinniyi and Hon. Seyi Shittu.
The Terms of Reference of the committee members include:
* Develop a clear framework for liaison and establish clear channels of formal communications with the outgoing administration for the purposes of a smooth transition.
* Review and make preliminary assessment of the fiscal position of government with particular emphasis on:
– Status of assets and liabilities of government.
– Status of implementation of the 2018 Appropriation
– Revenue & cash flow position of government.
– Public debt profile of government and their deployment.
– Salary arrears due to all public-sector workers and pensioners.
* Determine the status of public procurement of government with particular emphasis on: Government’s on-going and outstanding contractual obligations.
* To receive handover documents from Ministries, Departments and Agencies of government, with a view to understanding the most important operational, regulatory and/or urgent issues confronting the incoming administration, in order to guide the fine-tuning and prioritisation of programmes and policies in the incoming administration’s governance agenda.
* Interface with various stakeholders’ groups such as Labour Unions, Traditional Rulers; Academia; Religious Bodies; Transport Workers; Market Men and Women; Artisans; Professionals; Farmers, Community Development Associations; etc; with a view to ascertaining their expectations of the incoming administration.
The committee, according to the statement is expected to submit its final report by Friday, September 7, 2018.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from LEADERSHIP Nigeria Newspapers. Contact: [email protected]
ENTERTAINMENT20 hours ago
Ras Kimono’s Wife, Efemena, Dies 3 Months After Husband’s Death
NEWS20 hours ago
Osun Poll: Alteration Of Result Will Lead To Anarchy – Atiku
NEWS16 hours ago
Obaseki Approaches PMB, Seeks official Pardon For Late Ambrose Alli
NEWS2 hours ago
11 APC Aspirants Jostle For Governorship, 7 For Senate In Nasarawa
NEWS22 hours ago
Osinbajo One Of Best Vice Presidents Nigeria Ever Had – Imo Monarch
POLITICS5 hours ago
APC Queries BoT Member For Attending PDP Rally
OPINION1 hour ago
The Multiple ‘Sins’ Of Governor Yari
NEWS23 hours ago
C/River Health Boss To Receive Mandela Pan African Humanitarian Award in Morocco