Ekiti State Governor-elect, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, yesterday, named eminent citizens of the state, that will serve in his Governorship Transition Committee.
The Committee was charged with the responsibility of liaising with the outgoing administration for a smooth transition ahead of the October 16th take off date of the new government in the state.
The 32-member committee is to be chaired by a former member of the National Assembly, Senator Olubunmi Adetunmbi as chairman, while a former Chairman of Ijero Local Government Council, Hon Abiodun Omoleye will serve as deputy Chairman.
A former Permanent Secretary in the state’s civil service, Mr Ayodeji Ajayi, is the secretary of the committee to be known as the Ekiti State 2018 JKF/APC Governorship Transition Committee.
According to a statement signed by the Special Adviser on Media to the Governor-elect, Mr Yinka Oyebode, the inauguration of the Governorship Transition Committee will hold on Wednesday, July 25, at the Conference Hall, AB Hotels, Ado-Ekiti, by 12 noon.
The members of the committee include: Dr. (Mrs) Moji Yaya Kolade , Prof. Eddy Olanipekun, Chief Ropo Adesanya, Dr. Dare Ojo, Prof. Tale Omole, Hon. Olubunmi Oriniowo, Mr. Tunde Olatunde, Mr. Debo Ranti Ajayi, Mr. Ade Omonijo, Alhaji Afolabi Ogunlayi, Barr, Wale Fapohunda, Mr. Dapo Kolawole, Chief Kola Akosile,Mr. Phillip Amujo, Barr. Paul Omotosho, Chief Taiwo Olatunbosun, Engr. Tunde Alabi.
Others are: Mr. Abiodun Oyebanji, Prof. (Mrs.) Francesca Aladejana, Mr. Seyi Aiyeleso, Dr. (Mrs.) Ayeni Agbaje, Mr. Ayo Owolabi, Mrs. Folusho Olaniyan, Alhaja S. Badmus, Mrs. Sola Salako-Ajulo, Mr. Eyitayo Fabunmi, Mrs. Toyosi Omope, Hon. Bunmi Akinniyi and Hon. Seyi Shittu.
The Terms of Reference of the committee members include:
* Develop a clear framework for liaison and establish clear channels of formal communications with the outgoing administration for the purposes of a smooth transition.
* Review and make preliminary assessment of the fiscal position of government with particular emphasis on:
– Status of assets and liabilities of government.
– Status of implementation of the 2018 Appropriation
– Revenue & cash flow position of government.
– Public debt profile of government and their deployment.
– Salary arrears due to all public-sector workers and pensioners.
* Determine the status of public procurement of government with particular emphasis on: Government’s on-going and outstanding contractual obligations.
* To receive handover documents from Ministries, Departments and Agencies of government, with a view to understanding the most important operational, regulatory and/or urgent issues confronting the incoming administration, in order to guide the fine-tuning and prioritisation of programmes and policies in the incoming administration’s governance agenda.
* Interface with various stakeholders’ groups such as Labour Unions, Traditional Rulers; Academia; Religious Bodies; Transport Workers; Market Men and Women; Artisans; Professionals; Farmers, Community Development Associations; etc; with a view to ascertaining their expectations of the incoming administration.
The committee, according to the statement is expected to submit its final report by Friday, September 7, 2018.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from LEADERSHIP Nigeria Newspapers. Contact: email@example.com
- CRIME19 hours ago
Saudi Prosecutor Reveals Who Gave Order For Khashoggi’s Killing
- METRO15 hours ago
4 Family Members Die, Others Hospitalised After Eating `Amala’
- NEWS6 hours ago
Niger Gov Condemns Automatic Ticket To David Umaru, Sabi
- NEWS22 hours ago
Ghanaians React As U.K. Deports Rogue Trader
- CRIME21 hours ago
Man 62, Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison For Raping 9-Year-Old Cousin
- NEWS22 hours ago
Missing Police Officer’s Body Found – Report
- FEATURED5 hours ago
Sokoto Guber: Between APC’s Forces And Tambuwal’s Return Bid
- NEWS6 hours ago
Maryam Sanda: Police, Dry Cleaner Give Conflicting Testimonies