Ekiti State Governor-elect, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, yesterday, named eminent citizens of the state, that will serve in his Governorship Transition Committee.
The Committee was charged with the responsibility of liaising with the outgoing administration for a smooth transition ahead of the October 16th take off date of the new government in the state.
The 32-member committee is to be chaired by a former member of the National Assembly, Senator Olubunmi Adetunmbi as chairman, while a former Chairman of Ijero Local Government Council, Hon Abiodun Omoleye will serve as deputy Chairman.
A former Permanent Secretary in the state’s civil service, Mr Ayodeji Ajayi, is the secretary of the committee to be known as the Ekiti State 2018 JKF/APC Governorship Transition Committee.
According to a statement signed by the Special Adviser on Media to the Governor-elect, Mr Yinka Oyebode, the inauguration of the Governorship Transition Committee will hold on Wednesday, July 25, at the Conference Hall, AB Hotels, Ado-Ekiti, by 12 noon.
The members of the committee include: Dr. (Mrs) Moji Yaya Kolade , Prof. Eddy Olanipekun, Chief Ropo Adesanya, Dr. Dare Ojo, Prof. Tale Omole, Hon. Olubunmi Oriniowo, Mr. Tunde Olatunde, Mr. Debo Ranti Ajayi, Mr. Ade Omonijo, Alhaji Afolabi Ogunlayi, Barr, Wale Fapohunda, Mr. Dapo Kolawole, Chief Kola Akosile,Mr. Phillip Amujo, Barr. Paul Omotosho, Chief Taiwo Olatunbosun, Engr. Tunde Alabi.
Others are: Mr. Abiodun Oyebanji, Prof. (Mrs.) Francesca Aladejana, Mr. Seyi Aiyeleso, Dr. (Mrs.) Ayeni Agbaje, Mr. Ayo Owolabi, Mrs. Folusho Olaniyan, Alhaja S. Badmus, Mrs. Sola Salako-Ajulo, Mr. Eyitayo Fabunmi, Mrs. Toyosi Omope, Hon. Bunmi Akinniyi and Hon. Seyi Shittu.
The Terms of Reference of the committee members include:
* Develop a clear framework for liaison and establish clear channels of formal communications with the outgoing administration for the purposes of a smooth transition.
* Review and make preliminary assessment of the fiscal position of government with particular emphasis on:
– Status of assets and liabilities of government.
– Status of implementation of the 2018 Appropriation
– Revenue & cash flow position of government.
– Public debt profile of government and their deployment.
– Salary arrears due to all public-sector workers and pensioners.
* Determine the status of public procurement of government with particular emphasis on: Government’s on-going and outstanding contractual obligations.
* To receive handover documents from Ministries, Departments and Agencies of government, with a view to understanding the most important operational, regulatory and/or urgent issues confronting the incoming administration, in order to guide the fine-tuning and prioritisation of programmes and policies in the incoming administration’s governance agenda.
* Interface with various stakeholders’ groups such as Labour Unions, Traditional Rulers; Academia; Religious Bodies; Transport Workers; Market Men and Women; Artisans; Professionals; Farmers, Community Development Associations; etc; with a view to ascertaining their expectations of the incoming administration.
The committee, according to the statement is expected to submit its final report by Friday, September 7, 2018.
Zamfara Pilgrims Get Another 200 Riyals Discount On Hajj Fare
The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, NAHCON has announced a further reduction of 200 Riyals from 2019 Hajj fare for...
Gov Bello Is The Real Progenitor Of Rescue Mission In Kogi – Fanwo
Director General of Media and Publicity to Kogi State governor, Kingsley Fanwo, is always waiting in the wings for the...
Tribunal: Obi Urges Nigerians To Remain Hopeful
Mr Peter Obi, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Vice Presidential Candidate in the last general elections, has urged Nigerians to...
Police Arrest Woman For Allegedly Causing Harm On Maid
The Police Command in Ebonyi has arrested one Mrs Nkechinyere Aja for alleged abuse and harm occasioned on the right...
Polio: 50,000 N/East Children Yet To Benefit From Polio Vaccine – NPHCDA
The National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) says no fewer than 50,000 children are yet to be reached with...
Police Identify Lagos Airport Intruder As Nigerien
The Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos Police Command, has identified the man who climbed an Azman Air aircraft at...
NAFDAC Shuts Bauchi Package Water Factory
The National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has shut a package water factory in Azare, Katagum...
COLUMNS18 hours ago
Who Is After Pastor Fatoyinbo?
SPORTS18 hours ago
I Never Wanted To Fight Ruiz — Joshua
OPINION18 hours ago
What Are Obaseki’s Sins?
INTERVIEWS18 hours ago
Customers Are Everything – Yahanasu
POLITICS18 hours ago
Edo: APC Shouldn’t Push Obaseki Out – Idahosa
NEWS9 hours ago
el-Rufai Swears-In Head Of Service, Chief Of Staff, Others
HEALTH19 hours ago
Natural Treatment For Fibroids
SPORTS18 hours ago
FIFA Tips Nigeria To Host 2020 U-20 World Cup