At least 39 people have been killed, most of them children, in a strike by the Saudi-led coalition that hit a school bus in northern Yemen, a rebel-affiliated health official told dpa.
Most of those killed were under 15 years old, said Youssef al-Hadri, a spokesman for the health ministry, which is controlled by the Houthi rebels. He added that 43 others were injured.
Residents said the bus had been carrying students who were heading to a summer school on Thursday when the strike hit near Dahyan market in the province of Sa’ada, which is a rebel stronghold.
The International Committee of the Red Cross tweeted that one of the hospitals it supports “has received dozens of dead and wounded” after “an attack this morning on a bus driving children in Dahyan Market.”
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from LEADERSHIP Nigeria Newspapers. Contact: email@example.com
Sign up for our newsletter
- NEWS17 hours ago
Gombe PDP: Acting Hidden Script Of Dankwambo, Senator Nafada
- NEWS19 hours ago
NASS Stands Down Electoral Amendment Bill
- COVER STORIES19 hours ago
Fayose: EFCC Disowns ‘Magu Threat’ Tape In Circulation
- FEATURES15 hours ago
David Umaru: Holding No Straw As He Falls Face Flat
- ENTERTAINMENT23 hours ago
Davido Extends Into Motorsports Business
- NEWS15 hours ago
When Witches Dance A Second Time
- FEATURED15 hours ago
INEC/APC Faceoff: Zamfara May Lose N3bn As Residents Express Concern
- COVER STORIES18 hours ago
Disgruntled Politicians Stockpiling Arms To Scuttle 2019 Polls – Security Chiefs