Director-General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Dr. Dakuku Adol Peterside, has declared that the All Progressives Congress (APC) will sack Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Ezenwo Wike in the 2019 general election.
This is as he disclosed that the national leadership of the APC has begun moves to resolve the face-off between the Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi and the senator representing Rivers South-East district in the National Assembly, Senator Magnus Ngei Abe.
Peterside, who spoke yesterday during an interactive session with journalists in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, insisted that 95% of APC members in the state are with Amaechi, who is also the leader of the party in the state while less than 5% are with Abe.
He said: “I have not declared for governorship and I have not told people whether I am running or not. What I have said is that I am determined and I am going to be part of the team that will remove Wike in 2019.
“I admit there are issues in APC that needs to be resolved. I acknowledge that the leadership of the party at the national level is doing something about Rivers State APC.
“I also admit that in Rivers APC, you have 95% on one side and less than 5% on the other side. We have 95% of APC members behind Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi and 5% or less outside that political family.
“If you juxtapose this two and do a comparison, there is nothing stopping the APC from succeeding, nothing. But I admit that there are issues and those issues will be resolved.
“We will act together as one family and we will definitely succeed in winning the elections next year to the glory of God and for the liberation of Rivers State.”
Peterside, who was the APC governorship candidate in the 2015 election in the state, said the suit challenging the outcome of the congresses of the party in the state will not stop the party from fielding governorship candidate in the 2019 election.
The NIMASA boss said: “The aggrieved APC members in Court did not pray for not fielding of a governorship candidate. Even the consequences cannot say the party cannot field candidate; nobody on earth can do that. I challenge anybody, no law says so.
“Even if the party doesn’t have an executive committee, you cannot stop the party from fielding candidates. Fielding of candidates is a national issue, it is not a state issue. So the party, in worst case scenario, the best it can so is set up a caretaker committee to conduct primaries and field candidates.”
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from LEADERSHIP Nigeria Newspapers. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for our newsletter
- OPINION15 hours ago
Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance and My Apology to The Nigerian Army
- HEALTH15 hours ago
3 Common Vaginal Infections You Need To Know About
- NEWS22 hours ago
No Extension Of Deadline For Submission Of Candidates’ List – INEC
- NEWS21 hours ago
You Sleep With Your Ex-lover In My House, Cleric Accuses Wife
- NEWS13 hours ago
FG Begins Monthly Payment Of 9,215 NITEL/Mtel Ex-Workers
- NEWS18 hours ago
Train Mows Down Crowd Killing Scores
- BUSINESS22 hours ago
Chinese Company To Commence Mining In Nigeria
- NEWS21 hours ago
My Husband Made Sexual Advances At Our Daughter, Woman Tells Court