Smelly feet or foot odour which is a common problem that is caused by excessive sweat and growth of infections on the feet can be embarrassing and cause self esteem issues in affected individuals. The foot is the lower edge of the leg below the ankle, on which a person stands or walks. Foot odor or smelly feet are medically known as BROMODOSIS which is caused by sweaty feet and wearing the same shoes every day. Our feet are the natural habitat where millions of different infections like bacteria get in through sweat and skin cells which in turn leads to a stinky smell. This odor occurs or becomes obvious when one try removing stockings and shoes that has been worn for you have for hours.
CAUSES OF FOOT ODOR OR SMELLY FEET
The are multiple causes or lifestyle habits that can trigger Foot odour or smelly feet, including but not exhaustive to the following listed below;
• Lack of ventilation for your feet.
• Over wearing shoes with unchanged stockings.
• Wearing poor quality shoes.
• Poor hygiene.
• The environment.
Adopting a few lifestyle habits can help get rid of the problem easily . Here are some quick look at some hint you can use to prevent foot odor;
1. Wash your feet daily in warm water using an antibacterial soap and dry your feet every day.
2. Tea Soaks: Tannic acids in black tea kill odor-causing bacteria and close pores, which helps your feet to sweat less. Boil two tea bags in a pint of water for 15 minutes, remove bags and dilute in water.Then soak your feets for up to 30mins once cool.
3. Change your socks at least once a day and using clean pairs.
4. Oil foot massage: Lavender oil and coconut oil is great for those very relaxing foot rubs. They serve the dual purpose of been fragrant which can eliminate foot odour and also kill helps kill bacteria as well.
5. Wear foot wears with open mesh to allow your feet to breathe in order to prevent bad odor and receive fresh air.
6. Keep your shoes in a bright and ventilated place.
7. The Vinegar solution: soak your feet cider vinegar and water solution for about 30 minutes and viola. The acid in the vinegar will neutralize the odor and help kill bacteria.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from LEADERSHIP Nigeria Newspapers. Contact: [email protected]
- NEWS8 hours ago
Why FEC Suspended National Carrier Project
- NEWS5 hours ago
PMB Confirms Zainab Ahmed As Minister Of Finance
- NEWS14 hours ago
Osun Guber: WAEC Confirms Adeleke’s Certificate
- NEWS1 hour ago
2019: Dankwambo, Turaki Disagree With Wike’s Claim Over APC Sponsorship
- AGRICULTURE24 hours ago
States Raise Output In Rice Production As Nigeria Heads To Exit Import In 2020
- BUSINESS22 hours ago
40% Of World’s Poorest To Live In Nigeria, Congo By 2050
- NEWS12 hours ago
Triple Talaq Now A Criminal Offence
- NEWS4 hours ago
Breaking: NFF Presidential Candidate May Be Disqualify On Election Day