Smelly feet or foot odour which is a common problem that is caused by excessive sweat and growth of infections on the feet can be embarrassing and cause self esteem issues in affected individuals. The foot is the lower edge of the leg below the ankle, on which a person stands or walks. Foot odor or smelly feet are medically known as BROMODOSIS which is caused by sweaty feet and wearing the same shoes every day. Our feet are the natural habitat where millions of different infections like bacteria get in through sweat and skin cells which in turn leads to a stinky smell. This odor occurs or becomes obvious when one try removing stockings and shoes that has been worn for you have for hours.
CAUSES OF FOOT ODOR OR SMELLY FEET
The are multiple causes or lifestyle habits that can trigger Foot odour or smelly feet, including but not exhaustive to the following listed below;
• Lack of ventilation for your feet.
• Over wearing shoes with unchanged stockings.
• Wearing poor quality shoes.
• Poor hygiene.
• The environment.
Adopting a few lifestyle habits can help get rid of the problem easily . Here are some quick look at some hint you can use to prevent foot odor;
1. Wash your feet daily in warm water using an antibacterial soap and dry your feet every day.
2. Tea Soaks: Tannic acids in black tea kill odor-causing bacteria and close pores, which helps your feet to sweat less. Boil two tea bags in a pint of water for 15 minutes, remove bags and dilute in water.Then soak your feets for up to 30mins once cool.
3. Change your socks at least once a day and using clean pairs.
4. Oil foot massage: Lavender oil and coconut oil is great for those very relaxing foot rubs. They serve the dual purpose of been fragrant which can eliminate foot odour and also kill helps kill bacteria as well.
5. Wear foot wears with open mesh to allow your feet to breathe in order to prevent bad odor and receive fresh air.
6. Keep your shoes in a bright and ventilated place.
7. The Vinegar solution: soak your feet cider vinegar and water solution for about 30 minutes and viola. The acid in the vinegar will neutralize the odor and help kill bacteria.
When Will Ondo APC Crisis Be Over?
In this report, TOPE FAYEHUN takes a cursory look at the crisis that has polarised the Ondo State chapter of...
Dissecting Akpabio’s Many Battles
MUYIWA OYINLOLA in this piece writes on the series of political travails of former Akwa Ibom State governor, Senator Godwill...
3 Die In Jos Building Collapse
No fewer than three persons yesterday died when a three-storey building collapsed in Jos North area of Plateau State. The...
Presidency Faults Isha Sesay’s Book On Chibok Girls
The Presidency has reiterated the government’s unwavering determination to secure the release, by peace or by force, of the remaining...
Atiku, PDP Tender 48 Video Exhibits
The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal has admitted as exhibits, 48 video compact discs (VCDs) tendered by Atiku Abubakar, candidate of...
Mixed Reactions Trail OBJ’s Latest Missive To PMB
Mixed reactions yesterday trailed another open letter former President Olusegun Obasanjo wrote to President Muhammadu Buhari on the security challenges...
Army Redeploys Lt Gen Adeosun, 32 Others In Major Shakeup
In a major shakeup, the Nigerian Army has redeployed the newly promoted Lt-Gen. Lamidi Adeosun and 34 other senior officers....
POLITICS23 hours ago
South East Leaders Chide Kalu For Supporting Ruga
COVER STORIES16 hours ago
Again, Obasanjo Writes PMB
NEWS9 hours ago
4 Cheat Death, 7 Cows Killed In Ekiti Auto Crash
NEWS10 hours ago
Court Jails Insurance Graduate For Impersonation
FEATURES22 hours ago
As Yahaya, Dankwambo Lock Horns Over Gombe Assets
OPINION23 hours ago
Save Toto LGA: Letter To President Buhari
NEWS10 hours ago
OAU Will Exit National Grid By October, Says VC
NEWS11 hours ago
Insecurity: Omo-Agege Backs Call For Deployment Of Soldiers On Highways