Cold and flu are one of the most common sickness prevalent during raining seasons and school sessions. Being sick with the flu can be quite miserable for the affected individual as the combination of body ache, fever, chills and nasal congestion, can be quite hellish.
In order to avoid and prevent the almost inevitable flu from visiting your kid, parents loved ones or you this season, it’s best to ensure that you indulge in these simple preventive lifestyle habits. The items below can be found in every home and has high antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties plus immune-boosting ingredients, which in turn prevents colds and flu.
1. Chicken soup: Studies have found that chicken soup is effective for reducing the symptoms of upper respiratory infections in particular. Low-sodium soup also carries great nutritional value and helps keep you hydrated. It’s a good choice, no matter how you’re feeling.
2. Warm Salt Water: Salt-water rinsing helps break nasal congestion, while also removing virus particles and bacteria from your nose. Mix 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in 8 ounces of warm water. Use a bulb syringe or nasal irrigation kit to squirt water into the nose. Hold one nostril closed by applying light finger pressure while squirting the salt mixture into the other nostril. Let it drain. Repeat two to three times, then treat the other nostril.
3. Raw honey: Pure natural honey is packed with antioxidants that prevent damage from free radicals in the body, and when sourced from local bees, it can help reduce allergies to pollen. It contains antibacterial and antiviral with trace minerals, vitamins, amino acids, and easy-to-use carbs for energy. It coats the throat, which provides relief from coughing and sore throat pain. Drinking honey in tea with lemon can ease sore throat pain. Research suggests that honey is an effective cough suppressant, too.
4. Vitamin C: Taking Vitamin C in its organic form and as supplements during cold seasons is great in combatting and preventing the flu. Vitamin C is a powerful immune booster and great for fighting cold and flu. It supports the cell-mediated immune response and enhances lymphocyte, antibody, and natural killer cell production. It is a required nutrient in many cellular processes and is also a potent antioxidant.
5. Ginger: A few slices of raw ginger root in boiling water may help soothe a cough or sore throat. Research suggests that it can also ward off the feelings of nausea that so often accompany influenza.
6. Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated during rainy seasons cannot be over emphasized. It’s important to drink six to eight glasses of filtered water each day in a glass container. Plastic bottles contain xenoestrogens, which increase the risk of estrogen-related cancers and contribute to many health issues.
Insecurity: PMB Needs To Rejig Service Chiefs– Cleric
A Cleric with the Awaiting the Second Coming of Jesus Christ Gospel Church, Pastor Adewale Giwa has asked President Muhammudu...
AU-ECOSOCC, NYCN Task PMB On Economic Growth
The African Union Economic, Social and Cultural Council (AU-ECOSOCC) in collaboration with the National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN), have...
NAHCON Extends Deadline For Registration Of Intending Pilgrims
The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria has extended the deadline for registration of pilgrims to July 15 to enable the...
Gombe C’ttee To Recover Properties Stolen By Past Administration
The Committee on Recovery of Property belonging to the state government allegedly carted away by the immediate past administration of...
NGO To Carry Out Agricultural Infrastructure Mapping In Kebbi
Kebbi’s potential in food production especially rice production has attracted the attention of Farm and Infrastructure Foundation (FIF), an agricultural...
‘Enabling Environment ‘ll Spur Investment Inflow Into Nigeria’
The former commissioner for commerce and industry in Ogun State, Bimbo Ashiru, has called on the government to ensure an...
Port Harcourt Airport Reopens For Flight Operations
Less than 48 hours after Air Peace overshot Port Harcourt International Airport runway at the weekend, the airport has been...
NEWS9 hours ago
We Won’t Recognize Speaker Fraudulently Elected –Obasa
NEWS14 hours ago
Kidnapping: Forum Organises Prayer For Release Of District Head In Daura
POLITICS9 hours ago
NBA’s Alarm Over Intimidated Judges Vindicates PDP Concerns – Secondus
BUSINESS16 hours ago
NNPC Assures Support for Local Companies
SPORTS24 hours ago
Super Eagles Pip Burundi In AFCON Opener
Others8 hours ago
Sokoto Re-elected Tambuwal To Consolidate Development–Dr Dange
BUSINESS16 hours ago
Build on Our Successes, Ex-Gov. Ajimobi Admonishes Makinde
NEWS4 hours ago
… Arrest Notorious Bandit, 20 Others In Katsina