Firemen from the Edo Fire Service in Benin on Wednesday salvaged the the house of a member of the House of Representatives, Ms. Omosede Igbinedion, from what would have been a fire disaster.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the fire which was believed to have started from the lawmaker’s bedroom, immediately spread to her sitting room.
NAN reports that thick smoke engulfed the duplex, located at the Government Reserve Area of the Edo state capital.
Some domestic staff and sympathisers, however, battled to contain the fire which was said to have sparked off from an air conditioner in one of the bedrooms.
NAN reports that the firefighters however responded promptly to the distress call and the fire was immediately brought under control
The lawmaker, who was not around when the fire started, later came in the company of her parents to assess the extent of damage from the incident.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from LEADERSHIP Nigeria Newspapers. Contact: email@example.com
The ads and sponsored contents on this page are true to the best of our knowledge. Leadership Group Limited is not liable for any liability regarding the use of this information. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWS7 hours ago
PMB Appoints 9 New Federal Permanent Secretaries
INTERVIEWS20 hours ago
Bad Senate Leadership Inhibits PMB’s Performance – Remi Tinubu
POLITICS20 hours ago
Uncertainty Still Trails APC Gov Candidacy In Zamfara
NEWS9 hours ago
Prostitute Loses Son To Strange Man After Sex In Delta
CRIME20 hours ago
51-year-old Woman Dies During Church Deliverance
COVER STORIES21 hours ago
Sign Death Warrant For 2,500 Inmates, NPS Tells Govs
NEWS20 hours ago
Erisco To Supply Nigerian Troops With Ready-to-eat Meals
POLITICS21 hours ago
There Won’t Be Cabal In My Government – Atiku