In the just concluded supplementary elections, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as successfully bag majority seats in the Adamawa State House of Assembly.
According to report, APC had 22 members while PDP had two and the Social Democratic Party (SDP) had one, before the supplementary elections. But it’s now a different story in the just concluded supplementary.
In Nasarawo/Binyeri constituency following the death of Adamu Kwanate, candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), just a week to the March 9, 2019 election. INEC rescheduled the election by giving the APC time to produce another candidate.
In UBA/GAYA constituency, the election was declared inconclusive due to cancellation of elections in three units, which were concluded on Saturday.
Results as announced show that Nashion Gubi of PDP clinched the Nasarawo/Binyeri seat after polling 10,733 votes to defeat his closest rival, Mahmood Dabo, candidate of the ruling APC who scored 7,184.
Similarly, in a keenly contested Uba/Gaya Constituency seat, Aminu Iya-Abbas of the PDP polled 7,251 to floor the incumbent member, Mohammed Hayatu Atiku of APC, who trailed with 7,238.
With this outcome, PDP has now established dominance in the House with 13 members as against APC’s 11, just as its chances of producing the next Speaker has been boosted with this clear lead. The African Democratic Party (ADC) also has one.
Full List of Elected Members And Their Political Parties
- Raymond Kate (PDP) Demsa Constituency
- Shuaibu Babas (APC) Furore/Gurin Constituency
- Abdullahi Yapak (APC) Fufore/Verre Constituency
- Alhassan Hamman Joda (APC) Ganye Constituency
- Mohammed Mutawalli Alhaji (APC) Girei Constituency
- Kefas Japhet (PDP) Gombi Constituency
- Donglok Adawa (PDP) Guyuk Constituency
- Aminu Iya-Abbas (PDP) Uba/Gaya Constituency
- Wesley Barthiya (PDP) Hong Constituency
- Abdullahi Ahmadu (APC) Leko/Koma Constituency
- Yuttisori Hamman-Tukur (PDP) Jada/Mbulo Constituency
12.Myandasa Bauna (PDP) Lamurde Constituency
- Haruna Jkan Tikiri (PDP) Madagali Constituency
- Isa Yahaya (APC) Maiha Constituency
- Nashion Umar Gubi (PDP) Nasarawo/Binyeri Constituency
- Ibrahim Musa (ADC) Mayo-Belwa Constituency
- Kwada Joseph Ayuba (PDP) Michika Constituency
- Shuaibu Musa (APC) 28,271 Mubi North Constituency
- Musa Umar Bororo (APC) Mubi South CConstituency
- Mackondo Pwamakeno (PDP) Numan Constituency
- Abubakar Isa (APC) Shelleng Constituency
- Simon Isa (PDP) Song Constituency
- Abdullahi Umar (APC) Toungo Constituency
- Sajo Hamidu A. (PDP) Yola North
- Kabiru Mijinyawa (APC) Yola South
FG Condemns Death Sentence On 8 Nigerians By UAE
Train Derailment Delays Free Train Ride
Police Confirm 2 Killed, 3 Kidnapped In Kaduna Castle
Ambode, Obasa Preach Love, Tolerance At Easter
Show Love, Live In Peace, Oyetola Tells Residents At Easter
COVER STORIES19 hours ago
FG Needs N900bn To Fix Refineries – Kachikwu
NEWS16 hours ago
Our Kogi Story: The Truth They Are Hiding (I)
NEWS15 hours ago
Beach Volleyball Nations Cup: Nigeria Trounces Bostwana To Reach Quarterfinals
NEWS5 hours ago
Police Officers To Work 8-hours Daily – IGP Adamu
NEWS15 hours ago
Experts Optimistic PayRent Will Solve Nigeria’s Housing Challenge
NEWS18 hours ago
UDUTH Begins Free Open Heart Surgery
NEWS14 hours ago
JUST IN: PMB Proceeds To The United Kingdom On Private Visit
NEWS8 hours ago
Osinbajo Presides Over FEC As Handover Deadline For Cabinet Expires