Eating lots of sugar is a surefire way to raise your risk of many different diseases, but reducing sugar can be very beneficially to your wellbeing.
Here are practical tips to help you reduce the amount of sugar you eat throughout the day.
• Avoid sugary drinks. Try drinking sparkling water with a splash of fruit juice instead.
• Don’t replace saturated fat with sugar. Many of us make the mistake of replacing healthy sources of saturated fat, such as whole milk dairy, with refined carbs or sugary foods, thinking we’re making a healthier choice. Low-fat doesn’t necessarily mean healthy, especially when the fat has been replaced by added sugar to make up for loss of taste.
• Avoid processed or packaged foods like canned soups, frozen dinners, or low-fat meals that often contain hidden sugar that quickly surpasses the recommended limit.
• Be careful when eating out. Most gravy, dressings and sauces are also packed with salt and sugar, so ask for it to be served on the side.
• Eat healthier snacks. Cut down on sweet snacks such as candy, chocolate, and cakes. Instead, eat naturally sweet food such as fruit, peppers, or natural peanut butter to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Take Bribe, Get Sacked, FRSC Warns Personnel
4 Policemen Face Charges For Extrajudicial Killings
How Judiciary Sustained Uninterrupted 20-year Democracy
‘S’Court Has No Jurisdiction Outside Record Of Appeal Before It’
Bayelsa Gov’ship Race: Indirect Primary, Best For APC – Chieftain
Bayelsa Political Elders, Others Hail PMB Over Sylva, Akpabio’s Portfolios
Zoning Is Alien To Bayelsa PDP – Agbedi
COVER STORIES21 hours ago
BREAKING: PMB Inaugurates Cabinet, Assigns Ministerial Portfolios
INTERVIEWS23 hours ago
My Music Is Conscious, Spiritual, Soul Lifting And Ahead Of Time – Jethro Lion
COVER STORIES8 hours ago
Govs Meet Over NFIU Guidelines, SDGs, Others
WORLD24 hours ago
Lightning Kills Shepherd, 19 Buffaloes In Indonesia
NEWS22 hours ago
Davido Pulls Stunning Performance With 50 Cent
NEWS24 hours ago
FG Appoints Kashifu Abdullahi As New NITDA Boss
METRO22 hours ago
Boss Mustapha Takes Oath Of Office As Buhari Swears In Ministers
ENTERTAINMENT23 hours ago
Top Lagos Disc Jockey, DJ Barbie Drops New Mixtape