Connect with us
Advertise With Us


2 FRSC Officials Strangle Colleague To Death In Onitsha



Tragedy has struck the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) as two of its officials allegedly strangled one of their colleagues to death in Anambra State.

The incident, which happened at about 7pm on Thursday, LEADERSHIP Weekend gathered, took place at the Onitsha Unit of the Anambra State Command of the Commission.

The deceased, Mr Emeka Ojei, a Senior Road Marshal Assistant, was said to have incurred the wrath of his colleagues, who took his life for insisting that he would expose certain corrupt practices one of them indulged in.

According to a staff of the Commission, who spoke on condition of anonymity, the deceased had compiled corruption cases against one of the officers who killed him and was getting ready to go and submit them at the Benin office of the Commission when the official, indicted by his report, started appealing to him not to submit the report but he refused.

The FRSC official said, “Emeka is one of the officers privileged to be working on a report on a corruption case to be sent to the headquarters in Benin.

“As he was about going to deliver the report, one of his superiors called him back, insisting that he shouldn’t go to Benin with the report but he turned down the request.

“When his boss noticed that he was adamant, he engaged him in what looked like a fight. And as his boss held him and was trying to take away his mobile phone from him, another officer came into the office and joined in the squabble, supporting the indicted officer”, the source stated further.

LEADERSHIP Weekend learnt that it was while his two colleagues were trying to take away his phone from him that he slumped and died.

It was gathered that the incident was later reported at the Police Area Command, Onitsha, while the Onitsha Unit Commander of the FRSC and another staff of the Commission attached to the Unit had been arrested.

When contacted, the FRSC Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr Pascal Anigbo, confirmed the incident.

“The incident happened around 7pm in the office. I don’t have the full details of the incident now,” he said.

Meanwhile, commissioner of police in the state, Mr Mustapha Dandaura, when contacted said that he was yet to be briefed on the incident and promised to speak on the incident as soon as he got the full details of what happened.