Every woman in the world owes it to themselves to look good and we all know that looking good is serious business. In Nigeria having hair in its natural unretouched or relaxed state has been trending for a whle now. It is one thing to keep our natural unrelaxed hair, keeping it healthy is another. Scarcity of availability of natural hair care products has been the major reason why some women go back to relaxer, since they can’t keep up with its maintenance. In keeping our natural hair healthy,nothing beats making the most use of what nature has to offer.
Below are simple affordable lifestyle hair routine that naturalistas can adopt that will ease any hair challenges and help maintain a healthy dandruff-free hair that won’t break at every combing.
Affordable ways to keep the natural hair healthy
- Creaming : Try to avoid the use of mineral oils and petroleum oil. Adopt the use of organic oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, carrot oil or Shea butter as the hair cream.
- Go for Oragnic Shampoo: Instead of using normal chemical filled shampoo, adopt the use of DuduOsun herbal soap that is packed with all the natural fruity goodness your hair would ever hope for. Tip: After application, wait three to five minutes before washing it off.
- Limit The Heat : Avoid excessive exposure of the hair to heat. At most this can be done once in every 3 months.
- Moisturization: To moisturize the natural hair use water alone.
- Note: when going to bed, don’t leave your natural hair out. Twist it into 2-3 strand. Always wear your natural hair in some protective style like braid, twist, lock or weaving.
After this simple steps, endeavor to trim your hair every three months to avoid looking rough. African women are always beautiful and since the movement of natural hair, we have seen a lot of styles with the natural hair and with no fear of hair loss or damage.