By Tope Fayehun, Akure
Following the attack on the Olu of lgbokoda, Oba Afolabi Odidiomo by some armed gunmen last week, the Ondo state Council of Obas, on Tuesday, condemned in strong term the brutality melted on the monarch.
The Council after their monthly meeting held in Akure, the Ondo State capital,described the attack described on the first class monarch “as barbaric”.
In a press statement signed by the chairman council of obas in the state Oba Akadiri Momoh, Olukare of lkare, called for the immediate arrest and prosecution of the culprits.
The council Obas also “frowned at the constant attack and kidnapping of traditional rulers whose stool is sacred in the state . ”
They however, charged relevant security operatives to ensure that miscreants have no hiding place across the 18 local government of the state .
While also condemning the incident earlier , the State government through the Commissioner for Information and Orientation , Yemi Olowolabi said “government views the attack as an unwarranted assault and a desecration of the exalted stool of the Igbokoda traditional monarchy in particular and the time-tested tradition of our forebears.
Olowolabi said government will leave no stone unturned in its determination to ensure the protection of the lives and property of the citizens and has given directive to the security agencies in the state to ensure the arrest and prosecution of the people responsible for the attack on the monarch.
According to him, “The government will also wish to make it known to all criminally-minded people that no part of the state is safe for them to operate any longer.
He said that “It should be noted that the governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, has always shown respect for the traditional monarchy and will continue to protect the exalted stool.”