The reabsorption of former Acting Executive Secretary of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB), Mrs. A.F. Kolawole is causing uproar at the bureau.
Mrs. Kolawole was said to have voluntarily retired from service in April last year following her suspension by the board for an offence described as ‘serious misconduct and abuse of office’.
The spokesman of the Bureau, Mohammed Idris, said the federal government has already set up a five-man panel to look into the issue.
Idris said, “The story is in the public domain. The government is taking care of the situation. The government has already set up a five man panel to look into the issue. As at the time she was recalled, there was no board in place.”
Kolawole on her part, however said she returned to her former office few months after retirement on the ground that her suspension was unjust.
Her letter of retirement dated April 12, 2017 reads in part: “This is to most graciously notify you of my voluntary retirement from the services of Code of Conduct Bureau with effect from July 12, 2017, having served the Bureau for 32 years and four months at various levels up to my current position of Acting Secretary, CCB. Accordingly, I wish to proceed on my three months pre-retirement leave with effect from today, April 12, 2017.”
In a response to her letter, the Board through its then chairman, Sam Saba, decried Kolawole’s unrepentant posture and reiterated that it has “magnanimously approved your voluntary retirement from service with effect from April 12, 2017.”
A source in the bureau revealed that following her retirement and subsequent handing over of all official possessions to the Bureau, Mrs. Kolawole’s repatriation allowance of N873, 860.60 was prepared and paid to her.
Some aggrieved staff of the Bureau disclosed that Mrs. Kolawole returned to her former office immediately the board that earlier suspended her over her alleged role against the constituted Standard Operational Procedure (SOP), which was introduced in February 2017, completed its tenure and left.
Consequently, there was no board in place to approve her recall as at the time she returned to her former office, even though she was advised to wait pending the constitution of a new board.
- COVER STORIES9 hours ago
Ex-Defence Chief, Badeh, Shot Dead
- COVER STORIES9 hours ago
Dare Us On Travel Ban, FG Tells Ekweremadu, Uzodimma
- FOOTBALL20 hours ago
The Real Reason Behind Mourinho’s Sack
- METRO18 hours ago
24 Hours Electricity Offends Residents
- NEWS14 hours ago
Breaking: Former Chief Of Air Staff, killed
- NEWS18 hours ago
Osinbajo To Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Line In January
- FOOTBALL19 hours ago
Nigerian Fans Jubilate Over Mourinho’s Sack
- NEWS9 hours ago
As APC Consolidates Grip On Northeast