Do you know you have a treasure chest of potent remedies lying around your home, especially your kitchen?
A variety of your kitchen herbs and spices can actually be used to treat numerous everyday ailments due to their antimicrobial and antiviral properties. These herbs and spices are commonly referred to as home remedies.
Below are some common home remedies that could come in handy in your home.
- Garlic: Garlic contains allicin and ajoene that exhibit antimicrobial properties. As such, garlic can be eaten to curb antibacterial and antifungal infections.
- Ginger: Ginger also has antifungal and antibacterial properties that makes it an effective remedy for treating fungal infections such as most tinea infections. You can also take ginger tea to soothe cold and catarrh as ginger has antiviral properties too.
- Papaya (Pawpaw): Papaya contains papain which is a potent enzyme with anti-inflammatory properties as well as antiviral properties. Papaya is also rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Turmeric: This spice, turmeric, is considered the most important home remedy that you can have in your kitchen. It has various scientifically-backed benefits due to its antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a potent natural oil. It not only has antimicrobial and antiviral properties but its numerous constituents, such as lauric acid, makes it a potent healing agent. Coconut oil is also good for the skin and can substitute your cooking oil especially if you are on a weight loss regime. Coconut oil is also effective if you want a beautiful glowing skin.
- Essential Oils: Essential oils, such as lavender oil and tea tree oil, are often used to treat cuts and wounds due to their antiseptic and astringent properties. They are also antibacterial and antifungal in nature. As such, they are used to inhibit numerous antibacterial and antifungal infections.
These are just a few of the home remedies that you can use in your home to treat various ailments as well as to get rid of house flies, wasps, ants, and other insects.
You can visit TinyQualityHomes.org to see numerous home remedies for various human challenges.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from LEADERSHIP Nigeria Newspapers. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWS9 hours ago
Reps Urge PMB To Order Immediate Arrest Of Oshiomhole
NEWS11 hours ago
Disquiet In A/Ibom Over Udom’s Rumoured Defection To APC
POLITICS23 hours ago
Reports of My Plans to Defect to PDP Malicious, Baseless – Governor Bindow
AVIATION10 hours ago
Why Air Peace Deployed Embraer 145 On Kaduna Route – Capt Ekeinde
POLITICS10 hours ago
How Ortom, Akume’s Feud Sparked Off Political Imbroglio In Benue
NEWS10 hours ago
Traders Disguise Local Rice As Foreign To Deceive Buyers – Customs
NEWS11 hours ago
Akpabio Happy With Ugwuanyi, Chime Rapport
COVER STORIES12 hours ago
252 Aides Abandon Tambuwal, Defect To APC