No matter how clean you think you are, taking care of whites can be tasking. Oddly, it is not how often you wash it that makes it stay white. Rather, keeping your whites clean is all about the specific procedures you incorporate into your laundry process. Here are five ways to keep your whites bright and clean.
• Never wash your whites with any other color. This might seem obvious for bright colors, but this applies to other softer shades such as blush, cream, ivory, pastels, et cetera. Color transfer can be more subtle than you would expect.
• Do not use too much detergent. You are not doing yourself or your clothes a favor by using more detergent than necessary. Excess detergent or fabric softeners leave residue on clothes which allows dirt or dust to stick. Also, make sure your clothes are properly rinsed regardless of the amount of detergent used.
• Only use bleach on cotton. Bleach seems like your best friend when it comes to whites. However, it may be doing more bad than good. Chlorine bleach can be very damaging on other fabrics, leaving yellow streaks.
• Consider using optical brighteners. It can be frustrating seeing your whites with a dingy yellow tone after vigorous washing. Optical brighteners also known as bluing agents add a blue tint to yellowed whites. Blue and yellow are complementary colors thus the final result is whiter looking whites.
• Soak your whites before washing. This process acts as a pre-rinse. It allows the surface dirt to be rinsed out before washing. The last thing you want is to wash your clothes in its own dirt. It also softens dirt, making washing more effective. Soak in warm or hot water (not too hot for clothing with elastic bands) and add detergent (bleach in optional). Allow to soak long enough for the temperature of the water to cool. Rinse out properly before beginning the washing process.
N3bn Contract Scam: PMB Suspends Head Of Service, Oyo-Ita
Reps Begin Probe Of P&ID Contract
38 New SANs Take Oath Monday
30m Nigerians Infected With Hepatitis Virus
Xenophobia: Onyeama Denies Shunning Reps
Nigerians Must Get Value For Electricity Bills – Gbajabiamila
FMBN Seeks N500bn Recapitalisation Fund
COLUMNS21 hours ago
I Saw The Miracle Of Allah
COVER STORIES23 hours ago
PMB Resolves Police/ PSC Feud, Says Only Commission Can Recruit, Promote Officers
FEATURES20 hours ago
The Rise Of Nigeria’s Super-cop, DCP Abba Kyari
NEWS5 hours ago
Just In: PMB Suspends HoS Oyo-Ita
BUSINESS20 hours ago
Government Policies, Customs Tariff Fuelling Cargo Diversion – NPA MD
NEWS23 hours ago
Presidency Alleges Plot To Cause Disaffection In Aso Rock
BUSINESS21 hours ago
Minister Directs NCC, NIGCOMSAT, NIPOST To Get ISO27001 Certification
COVER STORIES23 hours ago
FG Sets Up Inter-agency C’ttee To Recover N5trn AMCON Debt