• Hausa Edition
  • Podcast
  • Conferences
  • LeVogue Magazine
  • Business News
  • Print Advert Rates
  • Online Advert Rates
  • Contact Us
Sunday, August 31, 2025
Leadership Newspapers
Read in Hausa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Leadership Newspapers
No Result
View All Result

Kano Emirate Tussle: My Palace Gate Breached By Bayero’s Supporters – Emir Sanusi

by LONGTONG  YAKUBU
2 months ago
in Cover Stories, News
Kano Emirate Tussle
Share on WhatsAppShare on FacebookShare on XTelegram

The Kano emirate crisis took a new turn at the weekend after the 16th Emir of Kano, Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II, accused supporters of the 15th Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, of attacking his palace and removing one of the  gates.

Advertisement

The alleged attack occurred at the Kofar-Kudu palace, the residence of Emir Sanusi II.

The clash is said to have occurred on Sunday when Emir Bayero and his large entourage returned from his Mandawori residence.

According to a statement issued by the Kano Emirate Media Team, signed by Sadam Yakasai, Emir Sanusi was out of the palace when the attack occurred.

He said, “They broke the gate and attacked the guards, injuring some of them. They smashed the police vehicles in the palace. Aminu deliberately passed through the emir’s palace road instead of taking the proper route from Koki to Nassarawa, and his hoodlums decided to attack Gidan Rumfa.

RELATED

Nigerian-inspired Power Meals For Strength, Muscle Recovery

The Nutrition Trap: Eating More But Nourishing Less

1 minute ago
MTN Allots Incentive Shares, As Trading Opens With N4bn Loss

MTN Empowers 500 FUTO Students

8 minutes ago
ADVERTISEMENT

“This is not the first time he has passed through the area. He had done that previously after he visited his Mandawari residence. He did that to intimidate the people of the area,” he stated.

Yakasai insisted that the 15th emir, after his deposition by the Kano State government, had relocated and taken over the Nassarawa mini-palace, thereby trespassing without caution.

“He has not challenged his deposition in any court, but he relies on others who did. The governor has shown restraint and statesmanship despite the nuisance caused by the deposed emir and his hoodlums in the neighbourhood of the Government House.

ADVERTISEMENT

“It should also be noted that the deposed Emir does not have any support from the emirate stakeholders, as 37 of the 38 district heads have pledged allegiance to Emir Sanusi.

“Only one out of the six brothers of Aminu Ado Bayero did not pledge allegiance. Even the nephew of former Governor Abdullahi Ganduje was recently turbaned as the Village Head of Ganduje by Emir Muhammad Sanusi II, rather than Aminu Ado Bayero, who claims to be the emir.

“This is the first time deposed Emir Aminu Ado Bayero is taking his fight directly to Gidan Rumfa while remaining in his heavily secured domain in Nassarawa Palace, very close to the Kano State Government House,” Yakasai alleged.

However, an eyewitness, Muktar Dahiru, said the incident was instead a clash between those he described as ‘unknown miscreants’ at Kofar-Kudu palace and supporters of Bayero.

He stated that the clash started when the miscreants started brandishing dangerous weapons and mounted a barricade to prevent the 15th emir from passing through Kofar-Kudu, after sighting his entourage.

According to him, the miscreants’ action forced the other group to repel them, prompting the police to disperse them with tear gas.

The eyewitness disclosed that Emir Bayero and his entourage were returning from Koki quarters, where they had gone to pay a condolence visit at Alhaji Aminu Dantata’s family house, when they ran into the hoodlums, who blocked their way.

Meanwhile, efforts to get a police report on the situation were futile as the spokesperson of the Kano State police command, Abdullahi Kiyawa, did not pick his calls or respond to a message sent to his line at 6.03 pm.

Similarly, Emir Ado Bayero’s spokesperson, Abubakar Kofar-Naisa, did not answer calls or reply to a message sent to his line – to clarify the allegations concerning the incident – at about 6.06 pm.

The Kano State government has described the incident as unfortunate, stating that innocent citizens were injured during the attack.

The government expressed worry that despite the presence of security personnel at the emir’s palace, the place was still attacked.

Speaking to LEADERSHIP, the commissioner for information and internal affairs, Ibrahim Waiya, expressed worry at the incident, adding that it is under control.

“Few people were injured during the incident, but there was no loss of life. The development disturbs the state government, but we call on residents to remain calm and always be peaceful,” Waiya said.

Waiya expressed disappointment at the failure of security operatives on palace guard duty to prevent such a breach since they were positioned at the palace’s entrance.

Meanwhile, it was gathered yesterday that loyalists of Emir Aminu Ado-Bayero were asked to leave the palace where Emir Sanusi is residing.

It was gathered that the affected families said they had been living in the palace for decades, but wondered why they should be asked to leave.

Some residents said they were asked to vacate the palace because of alleged disloyalty to the present occupant.


Join Our WhatsApp Channel



Tags: Aminu Ado BayeroEmir Sanusi IIKano Emirate
SendShare10201Tweet6376Share
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

CBN Demands Action Plans From Banks To Fix Capital Deficits

Next Post

ADC Members Sue To Void Mark, Aregbesola’s Appointments

LONGTONG  YAKUBU

LONGTONG  YAKUBU

You May Like

Nigerian-inspired Power Meals For Strength, Muscle Recovery
Columns

The Nutrition Trap: Eating More But Nourishing Less

2025/08/31
MTN Allots Incentive Shares, As Trading Opens With N4bn Loss
News

MTN Empowers 500 FUTO Students

2025/08/31
poultry
News

Association Laments COVID-19 Impact On Poultry

2025/08/31
Ebonyi Group Slams Nwifuru Over N551.5m Religious Pilgrimage Subsidy
News

Stakeholders Kick Over Murder In Ebonyi Community, Urge Peace

2025/08/31
Police Deny Purported Killing Of Officers
News

Police Arrest Woman For Faking Own Kidnap To Pay Boyfriend

2025/08/31
Peter Obi Calls For Reopening Of Onitsha Markets Closed Over Illicit Drugs
News

Obi Decries Health Workers Deficit, Donates To College

2025/08/31
Leadership Conference advertisement

LATEST

The Nutrition Trap: Eating More But Nourishing Less

Christlike Love In A Godly Family

NSC Constitutes Electoral Committee For National Sports Federations Elections

MTN Empowers 500 FUTO Students

Association Laments COVID-19 Impact On Poultry

Stakeholders Kick Over Murder In Ebonyi Community, Urge Peace

Police Arrest Woman For Faking Own Kidnap To Pay Boyfriend

Obi Decries Health Workers Deficit, Donates To College

Citizens’ Rights And Security Concerns

Social Media Platforms Have Given Creators Space To Express Creativity — Hamidu

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.