• Hausa Edition
  • Podcast
  • Conferences
  • LeVogue Magazine
  • Business News
  • Print Advert Rates
  • Online Advert Rates
  • Contact Us
Saturday, August 30, 2025
Leadership Newspapers
Read in Hausa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Leadership Newspapers
No Result
View All Result

Train Attack: Remaining 27 Abducted Passengers Not Released – Mamu

by Isaiah Benjamin
3 years ago
in News
Train Attack
Share on WhatsAppShare on FacebookShare on XTelegram

Malam Tukur Mamu who has been in the forefront of negotiation for the release of the kidnapped passengers of the Abuja-Kaduna train attack has debunked claims of the release of the remaining 27 passengers in the bandits’ den.

Advertisement

In a statement he issued to newsmen yesterday in Kaduna, Mamu urged the public to disregard the “fake news” being peddled around with regard to the victims’ release.

He urged President Muhammadu Buhari to intensify efforts at securing their immediate release as their situation remains highly unpredictable.

Mamu who is the publisher of Desert Herald said the remaining passengers in captivity are in a terrible condition.

According to Mamu, “This is to confirm without doubt that the remaining 27 passengers of the train attack are still being held by their abductors, nearly 5 months after the unfortunate and preventable incident.

RELATED

Rogo: Between Misinformation and Facts

Rogo: Between Misinformation and Facts

42 minutes ago
Rules Or Repression? Inside Nigeria’s University Dress Code Crisis

Rules Or Repression? Inside Nigeria’s University Dress Code Crisis

51 minutes ago
ADVERTISEMENT

“Though I have disengaged myself from negotiating, anxious family members, pressmen and concerned Nigerians have been calling to confirm the veracity of the news while many others justifiably have been celebrating and even congratulating relatives of the innocent victims.

“While it is a news we are all praying earnestly to hear, it is highly irresponsible for peddlers of fake news to circulate sensitive contents that are not only unverifiable, untrue but news items that will certainly trigger anxiety and concerned amongst the family members of those that remained in captivity and millions of their well-wishers across the globe.

“The condition of the remaining victims is still very bad, many of them are sick, the raining season is affecting them so much. I urge President Muhammadu Buhari to intensify efforts in securing their release immediately as the situation remains highly unpredictable while the families of those that are still in the bush are incapacitated in whatever way to negotiate the safe release of their loved ones,” he said.

ADVERTISEMENT

It would be recalled that about 63 passengers were kidnapped during the attack and 36 of them have so far been released in batches after payment of ransom except for 11 of the victims.


Join Our WhatsApp Channel

Nigerians can now earn US Dollars monthly by acquiring domains cheaply and reselling for profits up to $18,000 (nearly ₦30Million). Beneficiaries include professionals, entrepreneurs, civil servants and more. Click here to start.


Tags: Kaduna Train Attack
SendShare10172Tweet6358Share
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Why Corruption Festers In Nigeria – Obi

Next Post

Refugee Commission, Institute Empower 600 IDPs

Isaiah Benjamin

Isaiah Benjamin

You May Like

Rogo: Between Misinformation and Facts
News

Rogo: Between Misinformation and Facts

2025/08/30
Rules Or Repression? Inside Nigeria’s University Dress Code Crisis
Feature

Rules Or Repression? Inside Nigeria’s University Dress Code Crisis

2025/08/30
ASUU Laments Operations Of Varsities Without Governing Councils
News

We’re Running Out Of Patience – ASUU Tells FG

2025/08/30
Thai Court Removes PM Over Leaked Phone Call
News

Thai Court Removes PM Over Leaked Phone Call

2025/08/30
Despite Threats Of Reprisal, South East Calm
News

Troops Rescue 117 Hostages, Arrest 150 Terrorists In 1 Week-DHQ

2025/08/30
Visa Ban Not Enough
News

Visa Restrictions Retarding Quest For US Travel

2025/08/30
Leadership Conference advertisement

LATEST

Rogo: Between Misinformation and Facts

Nigeria At TICAD9: Forging A Stronger Partnership With Japan

Rules Or Repression? Inside Nigeria’s University Dress Code Crisis

University Lecturers Are Neck-deep In Loans – ASUU Chair

We’re Running Out Of Patience – ASUU Tells FG

Thai Court Removes PM Over Leaked Phone Call

Troops Rescue 117 Hostages, Arrest 150 Terrorists In 1 Week-DHQ

Visa Restrictions Retarding Quest For US Travel

Lecturers Seek University-based Pension Scheme

Minister Defends Price Hike, Says Ugandan Woman Purchased Nigerian Passport With $1,000

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.