The ancient city of Hadejia in Jigawa State was thrown into mourning following a fire incident which razed down the house of Alhaji Sale Tela of Tudunwada quarters and resulted to the death of his five years old triplets and their two years old younger brother.

Also properties worthy millions of naira was destroyed by the inferno which was caused by electric heater.

Confirming the incident, the spoke person of Jigawa State police command, SP Abdul Jinjiri said the incident happened at around 11:00pm,Sunday night.

‎He explained that, the triplet that lost their lives are Hassan Sale, five years, Hussain Sale, five years, Muhusin Sale, five years, and their younger brother, Aliyu Sale, two years of same biological parent.

Jinjiri added that, the state police upon receiving the alert on the fire mobilized to the scene and jointly worked with fire service to put off the fire.

According to him the police report had also confirmed that, the fire incident was caused by electric heater.

The PPRO who lamented the increase of fire outbreak in the state, also called on parents and entire people of the state to be extra vigilante in using electrical appliance and other inflammable objects in this period of Harmatan.

He however called on the general public to report any fire incident immediately to police, fire service or any authority close to them for timely action.