• Hausa Edition
  • Podcast
  • Conferences
  • LeVogue Magazine
  • Business News
  • Print Advert Rates
  • Online Advert Rates
  • Contact Us
Sunday, August 31, 2025
Leadership Newspapers
Read in Hausa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Leadership Newspapers
No Result
View All Result

KANO EMIRATE TUSSLE…My Supporters Acted In Self-Defence – Emir Bayero

Confirms loyalists evicted from palace | Victims seek FG’s intervention | Police arrest 4 over attack on Emir Sanusi's palace

by LONGTONG  YAKUBU
2 months ago
in Cover Stories
kano emirate
Share on WhatsAppShare on FacebookShare on XTelegram

The Kano emirate crisis yesterday took a different dimension as the 15th Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, said his supporters acted in self-defence in Sunday’s chaos at the palace of the 16th Emir of Kano, Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II.

Advertisement

On Sunday, supporters of Emir Sanusi II and Emir Bayero had engaged in a scuffle at the Kofar Kudu palace of Emir Sanusi, an incident the state government described as unfortunate, stating that innocent citizens were injured.

A statement earlier issued by the Kano Emirate Media Team, signed by Sadam Yakasai, said Emir Sanusi was out of the palace when the attack occurred.

He said, “They broke the gate and attacked the guards, injuring some of them. They smashed the police vehicles in the palace. Aminu deliberately passed through the emir’s palace road instead of taking the proper route from Koki to Nassarawa, and his hoodlums decided to attack Gidan Rumfa.”
But responding to the Sunday incident, Emir Ado Bayero said yesterday that his supporters acted in self-defence.

Emir Bayero’s media aide, Khalid Uba, told LEADERSHIP that the supporters of Emir Bayero were unarmed.
Uba, who spoke to our correspondent via telephone, maintained that no one on Emir Bayero’s entourage carried any weapon but that they were forced to repel the attack.

RELATED

kano emirate

Apathy, Distrust Listed As Reasons Behind Low Voter Registration In S/East

22 minutes ago
2027: APC Govs May Push For Indirect Primaries

2027: APC Govs May Push For Indirect Primaries

26 minutes ago
ADVERTISEMENT

According to him, Emir Bayero’s use of that route was not his first.

“Upon our arrival from Dantata house on a condolence visit, some youths stormed the road with stones and weapons at Kofar Kudu.

“When we arrived towards Kofar Kudu, they started throwing stones at us, but fortunately, we were able to chase them back into the house, and the Emir passed successfully without anyone getting injured,” he said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Uba confirmed the alleged eviction of Emir Bayero’s loyalists from the palace, saying they had received various complaints on the matter.

One City, Two Emirs

Tensions within the Kano Emirate have remained high following the state government’s decision to reinstate Muhammadu Sanusi II as the 16th Emir of Kano.

The reinstatement came after the review of the emirate law, which had created four additional emirates.
The move has been challenged in court, with Aminu Ado Bayero refusing to relinquish his claim to the throne. He continues to occupy the Nasarawa Palace under a heavy security presence.

On 23 May 2024, the governor of Kano State, Abba Kabir Yusuf reinstated Sanusi as emir of Kano. Sanusi had been deposed as emir four years earlier by former Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, who led the balkanization of the Kano Emirate and the eventual dethronement of Sanusi.

Victims Of Palace Eviction Lament Their Fate

Meanwhile, one of the victims of the palace eviction, who did not want her name mentioned in print, told our correspondent that the incident had left her and her family members devastated as they were forced to leave the palace and take refuge with relatives.

She alleged that the people who chased them out came with thugs, who removed their roofing sheets, doors and windows, and directed them to leave the palace within 24 hours.

She added that the people scouted out those who disliked Emir Sanusi or were loyal to Emir Bayero and threatened to harm anyone who resisted eviction.

“Some people at Kofar Kwaru were given prior notice on Sunday at about midnight to evacuate on Monday, while people like us stumbled upon it on Monday.

“It took police intervention before they allowed us to stay overnight until today (Tuesday), but right now, we have loaded our things to manage with some relatives,” she explained.

She called on the federal government to intervene, lamenting their helplessness.

Meanwhile, the Kano State Police command said it had arrested four suspects in connection with the attack on the Emir Sanusi’s palace at Kofar Kudu in the Kano metropolis on Sunday.

This follows a clash between supporters of the 16th Emir of Kano, Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II, and supporters of the 15th Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, at the Kofar Kudu palace of Emir Sanusi.

Spokesperson of the command, SP Abdullahi Kiyawa, told journalists in Kano that the suspects are in police custody and are undergoing investigation.

According to him, the state Police Commissioner, Ibrahim Bakori, has set up a panel to investigate the skirmish.


Join Our WhatsApp Channel



Tags: Emir BayeroEmir Sanusi IIKano EmirateKano Emirate Tussle
SendShare10237Tweet6398Share
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

ADC Has No Preferred Presidential Aspirant – Mark

Next Post

2027: I’m Not Under Pressure To Step Down, Atiku Declares

LONGTONG  YAKUBU

LONGTONG  YAKUBU

You May Like

kano emirate
Cover Stories

Apathy, Distrust Listed As Reasons Behind Low Voter Registration In S/East

2025/08/31
2027: APC Govs May Push For Indirect Primaries
Cover Stories

2027: APC Govs May Push For Indirect Primaries

2025/08/31
Northern Governors Design Fresh Strategies Against Banditry
Cover Stories

Northern Governors Design Fresh Strategies Against Banditry

2025/08/31
September 23 Resumption: Angry Reps Plan Showdown With Speaker Over Staff Hiring, Constituents’ Funding
Cover Stories

September 23 Resumption: Angry Reps Plan Showdown With Speaker Over Staff Hiring, Constituents’ Funding

2025/08/30
‘Well-structured Pension System Critical For Dignity of Public Servants In States’
Cover Stories

Non-remittance Of Pension Deductions: Workers Suffer As Defaulting Employers Pay N14.348bn Penalties

2025/08/30
Obasanjo Blames Successors For Inability To Curb Corruption
Cover Stories

Obasanjo Blames Successors For Inability To Curb Corruption

2025/08/30
Leadership Conference advertisement

LATEST

CDS Visits Plateau, Says Cycle Of Destruction, Displacement Must End

Emergency Rule In Rivers Ends Soon – Wike

Colombian VP Arrives Abuja On Official Visit

A Nation Under Siege

Mother Demands Probe Of Son’s Alleged Murder By Gov’s Security Aides

13,595 Families Searching For 23,659 Missing Persons In Nigeria – Red Cross

US Declares Trump’s Global Tariffs Illegal

Civil Service Reform Imperative, Says FCSC Chairman

Apathy, Distrust Listed As Reasons Behind Low Voter Registration In S/East

2027: APC Govs May Push For Indirect Primaries

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.