• Hausa Edition
  • Podcast
  • Conferences
  • LeVogue Magazine
  • Business News
  • Print Advert Rates
  • Online Advert Rates
  • Contact Us
Friday, August 29, 2025
Leadership Newspapers
Read in Hausa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Leadership Newspapers
No Result
View All Result

Conditional Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Hit 2 Million

by Henry Tyohemba
3 years ago
in News
Share on WhatsAppShare on FacebookShare on XTelegram

The National Cash Transfer Office (NCTO) has said that the number of beneficiaries of the Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) of the Federal Government has reached about two million as the programme inches to an end.

Advertisement

 

The Interim Head, NCTO, Dr Ibraheem Adam, stated this on the sidelines of a virtual International Financial Conference in Abuja.

 

Adam, however, said that the programme which commenced in 2016 would come to an end by December 31, 2022.

RELATED

‘Best Decision Of My Life’, Falz Announces Introduction To ‘Mystery’ Woman

‘Best Decision Of My Life’, Falz Announces Introduction To ‘Mystery’ Woman

3 minutes ago
Community, Bandit Leaders Sign Accord To End Insecurity In Katsina

Community, Bandit Leaders Sign Accord To End Insecurity In Katsina

6 minutes ago
ADVERTISEMENT

 

He said that the Office targeted and enrolled beneficiaries from the rural areas across 36 States of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) through community-based targeting system.

 

ADVERTISEMENT

He also said that the programme was so far able to reach 609 local government areas, 6,272 Wards and 48,789 communities.

 

Adam added that the programme had reached a total of 1,940,325 beneficiaries in the National Beneficiary Register from inception to date.

 

“We came in at a good time in the history of Nigeria when the project we superintended over has the mandate to reduce poverty, and as you may know, our level of poverty is around 60 per cent of the population.

 

“So, the programme actually came in to reduce poverty and enhance human capital development and for us to do that, the tools we are using is the cash transfer, which is an extension of stipends to beneficiaries.

 

“For this to happen effectively and transparently, the Federal Government has introduced a digital payment system and this entails the creation of bank accounts for beneficiaries.

 

“We have about 2 million beneficiaries that have been credited with cash into their own personal NUBAN account created by the banks for easy link to the ongoing international financial inclusion conference,” he said.

 

While commending President Muhammadu Buhari and the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajia Safiya Umar Farouq, Adam said that the money came in at a time poverty became endemic in the history of Nigeria.

 

He added that the cash transfer policy would remove 100 million Nigerians out of poverty.

 

He noted that after giving the money, the beneficiaries were mobilised and trained on how to save and manage their money.

 

“We bring them into groups where they do rotational savings and contribution which metamorphosed into cooperative societies which they also own and by doing that they can also empower themselves.

 

“The beneficiaries are mentored to properly utilise the knowledge gained in the cause of the capacity building at their door step.

 

“The objective of the cash transfer is to basically improve household consumption, increase utilisation of health and nutrition services, improved environmental sanitation and management among others,” he added.

 

The interim Head also said that the cash Transfer had contributed in reducing the rate of school drip outs as it had helped in the retention and completion of education by children of beneficiaries.

 

“The aspect of human capital was taken on a pilot level and we just did 11 states and in these 11 states, we have feedback that there is growth in school attendance for school children.

 

“And this is complimenting other government programmes like the school feeding that is also helping to make sure that children are in school,” Adam stated.


Join Our WhatsApp Channel

Nigerians can now earn US Dollars monthly by acquiring domains cheaply and reselling for profits up to $18,000 (nearly ₦30Million). Beneficiaries include professionals, entrepreneurs, civil servants and more. Click here to start.


SendShare10185Tweet6366Share
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

1.5m Girls Return To School In North – UNICEF

Next Post

2023 Presidency: Tinubu Far Ahead Of Atiku, Obi – APC Youths

Henry Tyohemba

Henry Tyohemba

You May Like

‘Best Decision Of My Life’, Falz Announces Introduction To ‘Mystery’ Woman
Entertainment

‘Best Decision Of My Life’, Falz Announces Introduction To ‘Mystery’ Woman

2025/08/29
Community, Bandit Leaders Sign Accord To End Insecurity In Katsina
News

Community, Bandit Leaders Sign Accord To End Insecurity In Katsina

2025/08/29
Immigration Begins Passport Application Automation
News

Mixed Reactions Trail Federal Govt’s Passport Fee Hike

2025/08/29
Better Days Ahead, Makinde Assures Civil Servants
News

Oyo Gov’t Tackles APC Over N300bn ‘Fresh’ Loan Claim

2025/08/29
Peter Obi Calls For Reopening Of Onitsha Markets Closed Over Illicit Drugs
News

‘Passport Now Costs More Than Minimum Wage’, Obi Slams Federal Gov’t Over Fees Hike

2025/08/29
US Vetoes Call For ‘Immediate Ceasefire’ In Gaza
News

US Connecticut State Declares August 23 Ex-APC Presidential Aspirant’s Day

2025/08/29
Leadership Conference advertisement

LATEST

‘Best Decision Of My Life’, Falz Announces Introduction To ‘Mystery’ Woman

Community, Bandit Leaders Sign Accord To End Insecurity In Katsina

Mixed Reactions Trail Federal Govt’s Passport Fee Hike

Oyo Gov’t Tackles APC Over N300bn ‘Fresh’ Loan Claim

‘Passport Now Costs More Than Minimum Wage’, Obi Slams Federal Gov’t Over Fees Hike

2025/26 UEFA Champions League Phase Draw, Fixtures Unveiled

2027: PDP Considering Obi, Jonathan, Says Gov Mohammed

Man Utd Reject Mainoo Loan Request

Chelsea Agree £40m Fee With Man Utd For Garnacho

Tottenham Nears £51.8m Deal For Leipzig’s Simons

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.