• Hausa Edition
  • Podcast
  • Conferences
  • LeVogue Magazine
  • Business News
  • Print Advert Rates
  • Online Advert Rates
  • Contact Us
Friday, August 29, 2025
Leadership Newspapers
Read in Hausa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Leadership Newspapers
No Result
View All Result

BREAKING: PDP Cancels Presidential Campaign Rally In Rivers

by Anayo Onukwugha
3 years ago
in Politics
pdp
Share on WhatsAppShare on FacebookShare on XTelegram

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has announced its decision to put off its presidential campaign rally in Rivers State slated for Tuesday, February 14, 2023, due to the rise in attacks on its members and supporters of its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

Advertisement

Addressing journalists in Port Harcourt on Monday, chairman of the PDP Presidential Campaign Council in the State, Senator Lee Maeba, said Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike had already declared members of the campaign council and Atiku supporters in the state as enemies of the State.

Maeba stated that supporters of the PDP presidential candidate in the state have been suffering different forms of life-threatening attacks from May 2022 when Wike lost the party’s presidential ticket to Atiku.

He said: “It is therefore instructive to note that this directive has direction in the vituperation of overt act of Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike. In this instance, he has openly branded members of the PDP Presidential Campaign Council and all supporters of the presidential candidate as enemies of the state and vowed to crush them. Video evidence are abound to support our assertion.

“He admitted carrying out that attack on Dr. Abiye Sekibo and Senator Lee Maeba in his earlier statement at Eleme during a gubernatorial campaign rally on Friday, February 10, 2023.

RELATED

Tinubu Will Reward Hardwork, Says Marafa

Ex-Zamfara Central Senator Marafa Dumps APC

4 hours ago
PDP Southern Ticket: Lobby For Jonathan, Obi’s Return Hots Up

2027: PDP Considering Obi, Jonathan, Says Gov Mohammed

9 hours ago
ADVERTISEMENT

“He boosted that the two armed robbers, Dr. Abiye Sekibo and Senator Lee Maeba were chased away when they came to take a land belonging to the Rivers State government and they are lucky they ran away before his arrival at the scene. He tried to make an unimpressive denial which does not hold water the next day.

“In the light of the above submission, we the state campaign council, in total constructive engagement with the National Presidential Campaign Council, the candidate and the party, haven seen and evaluated the bodily harm and potential death threats, believe that no lose of life can be tolerated, accepted before, during and after the presidential election and agree with our principals on the need to shelve and or cancel the rally to avoid any death because the victory of Atiku Abubakar does not deserve spilling of the blood  of even one citizen of Rivers State.

“This may be painful, but is the best decision to take as no human death can be excused on the insistence of hosting a rally due to the brigandage which the security agencies have not been able to break in and restore confidence, security wise, on the populace and our members.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Finally, we pray the President and Commander-in-Chief, President Muhammadu Buhari, act decisively as the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by instructing and making sure that the security agencies do their job in an impartial manner that will restore confidence and buy into free and fair election as he has variously mentioned that he will ensure that no thug, no government will stand in the way of free and fair election. And to also ensure they nobody use his resources to purchase Nigerians to get into the Presidency.”


Join Our WhatsApp Channel

Nigerians can now earn US Dollars monthly by acquiring domains cheaply and reselling for profits up to $18,000 (nearly ₦30Million). Beneficiaries include professionals, entrepreneurs, civil servants and more. Click here to start.


SendShare10344Tweet6465Share
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

EPL: Man City See Off Villa, Close Gap On Arsenal

Next Post

Referees Admit VAR Error In Arsenal Vs Brentford Draw

Anayo Onukwugha

Anayo Onukwugha

You May Like

Tinubu Will Reward Hardwork, Says Marafa
Politics

Ex-Zamfara Central Senator Marafa Dumps APC

2025/08/29
PDP Southern Ticket: Lobby For Jonathan, Obi’s Return Hots Up
Politics

2027: PDP Considering Obi, Jonathan, Says Gov Mohammed

2025/08/29
ADC Inaugurates New Leadership In Imo
Politics

ADC Tackles INEC Over New Voter Registration Figures

2025/08/29
Nigerians May Kick Out APC In 2027 Over Hardship — Ex-Party Chair
Politics

Edo LGA: APC Rules Out Automatic Tickets, Insists On Primaries

2025/08/29
Nasarawa, Shippers Council Partner To Facilitate Export With Inland Dry Port
Politics

2027: APC Support Groups Want Gov’ship Ticket For Nasarawa LGA

2025/08/29
NNPCL Remains ‘ATM’ Of Federal Gov’t — Atiku
Politics

Electoral, Judicial Reforms Needed To Make CVR Meaningful – Atiku

2025/08/29
Leadership Conference advertisement

LATEST

Jonathan Hasn’t Ruled Himself Out Of 2027 Presidential Contest, Says Ex-President’s Cousin

Court Jails Businessman 6 Months For Cocaine Trafficking

Lagos Records 8,692 Domestic, Sexual Violence Cases In 1 Year

PICTORIAL: Obasanjo Visits Alaafin Amid Row With Ooni

Abu Shouk: Inside Sudan’s Painful Memory

Japan Agency Rating Reinforces Afreximbank’s Credibility, Says Denya

Edo Resident Doctors Laud Okpebholo Over 2024 MRTF Payment, Ezoti Quarters Renovation

Troops Rescue 117 Hostages, Arrest 150 Suspected Criminals In 1 Week

Civil Service Reform Imperative Amid Neutrality Debate, Says FCSC Chair

2 Killed, 1 Injured In 2 Kwara Robbery Incidents

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.