• Hausa Edition
  • Podcast
  • Conferences
  • LeVogue Magazine
  • Business News
  • Print Advert Rates
  • Online Advert Rates
  • Contact Us
Saturday, August 30, 2025
Leadership Newspapers
Read in Hausa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Leadership Newspapers
No Result
View All Result

JUST-IN: 3 Die From Outbreak Of Meningitis In Gombe

by Najib Sani
5 months ago
in News
Gombe State Commissioner for health, Dr Habu Dahiru.

Gombe State Commissioner for health, Dr Habu Dahiru.

Share on WhatsAppShare on FacebookShare on XTelegram

Not fewer than three persons have died as meningitis rocked Gombe metropolis and other local governments areas of the state.

Advertisement

Commissioner for health, Dr Habu Dahiru, disclosed this on Thursday while addressing newsmen on the outbreak of the disease at the State Emergency Operation Centre in Gombe.

Dr Dahiru said many cases were reported in parts of the state out of which three persons have died while the rest were treated and discharged.

He gave the breakdown of the reported cases as 11 from where two were confirmed positive in Dawaki ward.

He added that fourteen (14) cases were reported in Kaltungo local government area of the state.

RELATED

Tinubu Working To Make Life More Bearable For Nigerians – AGF

Firm Urges AG’s Probe Over Breach Of Contract

5 minutes ago
Chamber Of Commerce Empowers Youth, SMEs For Bilateral Trade Growth

Chamber Of Commerce Empowers Youth, SMEs For Bilateral Trade Growth

8 minutes ago
ADVERTISEMENT

Other affected areas include Yamaltu-Deba where 12 suspected cases were recorded with three confirmed positive; Billiri had 8 cases and three returned positive.

“In Funakaye local government, seven cases were reported and four were confirmed positive. In Shongom local government, four cases were reported and three were confirmed positive.

“In Akko local government, we suspected only one case and only one case was confirmed.

ADVERTISEMENT

“In Nafada local government, one case, but no case was confirmed. In Dukku local government, one case was suspected and one case was confirmed”, the commissioner said.

Dahiru explained that symptoms of the disease include extreme headache, severe fever, neck stiffness, among others.

He urged the people who noticed the symptoms to rush to any general hospital in the 11 local governments of the state, the Gombe State Specialist Hospital in Gombe or the Federal Teaching Hospital in the state capital for urgent treatment.

He warned that late treatment can lead to convulsions, deafening of the ears and deaths.

This is even as the Commissioner advised people in the state to drink lot of water for hydration, ensure proper ventilation in their houses as some of the measures to prevent themselves from the disease.

He added that the state government had already requested for vaccines from development partners as part of efforts to bring succour to the residents of the state.


Join Our WhatsApp Channel

Nigerians can now earn US Dollars monthly by acquiring domains cheaply and reselling for profits up to $18,000 (nearly ₦30Million). Beneficiaries include professionals, entrepreneurs, civil servants and more. Click here to start.


Tags: Gombe StateMeningitis Outbreak
SendShare10177Tweet6361Share
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Sharia Law: We’ll Always Stand By Constitution — Makinde

Next Post

Makinde Condoles Ajimobi, Kola-Daisi Families Over Ex-Gov’s Daughter’s Death

Najib Sani

Najib Sani

You May Like

Tinubu Working To Make Life More Bearable For Nigerians – AGF
News

Firm Urges AG’s Probe Over Breach Of Contract

2025/08/30
Chamber Of Commerce Empowers Youth, SMEs For Bilateral Trade Growth
Business

Chamber Of Commerce Empowers Youth, SMEs For Bilateral Trade Growth

2025/08/30
Propak West Africa Expo To Boost Nigeria’s SME, Manufacturing Sector
Business

Propak West Africa Expo To Boost Nigeria’s SME, Manufacturing Sector

2025/08/30
Time To Buckle Up That Child
News

Time To Buckle Up That Child

2025/08/30
Of Taribo’s Entitlement And Our Collapsing Infrastructure
News

Of Taribo’s Entitlement And Our Collapsing Infrastructure

2025/08/30
Rogo: Between Misinformation and Facts
News

Rogo: Between Misinformation and Facts

2025/08/30
Leadership Conference advertisement

LATEST

Firm Urges AG’s Probe Over Breach Of Contract

Chamber Of Commerce Empowers Youth, SMEs For Bilateral Trade Growth

Propak West Africa Expo To Boost Nigeria’s SME, Manufacturing Sector

Time To Buckle Up That Child

Of Taribo’s Entitlement And Our Collapsing Infrastructure

Rogo: Between Misinformation and Facts

Nigeria At TICAD9: Forging A Stronger Partnership With Japan

Rules Or Repression? Inside Nigeria’s University Dress Code Crisis

University Lecturers Are Neck-deep In Loans – ASUU Chair

We’re Running Out Of Patience – ASUU Tells FG

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.