• Hausa Edition
  • Podcast
  • Conferences
  • LeVogue Magazine
  • Business News
  • Print Advert Rates
  • Online Advert Rates
  • Contact Us
Friday, August 29, 2025
Leadership Newspapers
Read in Hausa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Leadership Newspapers
No Result
View All Result

JUST-IN: Terrorists Attack Military Base, Kill 3 Soldiers In Borno

by Tarkaa David
5 months ago
in News
Share on WhatsAppShare on FacebookShare on XTelegram

No fewer than three soldiers have been killed and three others, including a Brigade Commander, injured, when terrorists attacked a Forward Operating Base (FOB) at Wajiroko in Borno State.

Advertisement

According to a military source, the brigade commander was injured when his vehicle stepped on an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) en route to the location to provide support to the Base under attack.

The source said that at about 2205 hours on Monday, March 24, 2025, troops of the Forward Operating Base Wajiroko came under Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorist attack.

This prompted the Brigade to call for air support in addition to sending re-enforcement team immediately. However, the re-enforcement team encountered IED along the way, hence a second re-enforcement led by the Commander, 25 Brigade, set out for the mission.

According to the report sighted by LEADERSHIP, the second re-enforcement team was still en route the location when the Brigade Commander’s Hilux vehicle stepped IED around Damboa.

RELATED

US Vetoes Call For ‘Immediate Ceasefire’ In Gaza

US Connecticut State Declares August 23 Ex-APC Presidential Aspirant’s Day

21 minutes ago
Oyinlola, Oyedokun Say Adeleke Proved Naysayers Wrong In Osun

ADC, A Group Of Failed Politicians, Says PDP

21 minutes ago
ADVERTISEMENT

The resulted explosion led to death of three soldiers and three others wounded in action, including the Brigade Commander.

While details of the attack were not readily available at press time, the report said the pilot dispatched to provide air support “communicated that he can sight fire around the FOB while scores of soldiers could be seen running towards Sabon Gari, likely that the FOB had been dislodged.”

The report added that the general security situation within the area of responsibility was fluid and urged troops to remain at maximum alert.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Director, Defence Media Operations, Major General Markus Kangye, did not respond to messages from our Correspondent for confirmation.

LEADERSHIP recalls that on January 4, 2025, terrorists attacked a military base in Damboa, Borno State, killing six soldiers.

President Bola Tinubu had also ordered that the incident be probed in order to prevent future occurrences.

However, less then three months after the attack and probe, terrorists attacked another military base in the same Borno State, killing soldiers and injuring a Brigadier General who was riding in a soft skin vehicle instead of a Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle (MRAP) to provide support to the troops under attack.


Join Our WhatsApp Channel

Nigerians can now earn US Dollars monthly by acquiring domains cheaply and reselling for profits up to $18,000 (nearly ₦30Million). Beneficiaries include professionals, entrepreneurs, civil servants and more. Click here to start.


Tags: Borno StateSoldiersTerrorists Attack
SendShare10197Tweet6373Share
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

1 Dies As Police Probe ‘Fatal Train Accident’ Along Gwagwa-Idu Rail Line

Next Post

National Assembly Leadership Under Akpabio Is Corrupt, Says Ex-VP Atiku

Tarkaa David

Tarkaa David

You May Like

US Vetoes Call For ‘Immediate Ceasefire’ In Gaza
News

US Connecticut State Declares August 23 Ex-APC Presidential Aspirant’s Day

2025/08/29
Oyinlola, Oyedokun Say Adeleke Proved Naysayers Wrong In Osun
News

ADC, A Group Of Failed Politicians, Says PDP

2025/08/29
Tinubu’s Neo-liberal Policies Can’t Achieve Anything In 40 Years – Adebayo
News

Tinubu Can Still Be Competitive In 2027 If… – SDP Adebayo

2025/08/29
Lakurawa: Ohanaeze Ndigbo Charges Federal Gov’t To Crush New Terror Group 
News

2027: Igbo Free To Contest Presidential Election – Ohanaeze

2025/08/29
News

God First Ministry To Mark 36th Anniversary With Charity

2025/08/29
Alleged Bias: Opposition Mounts Against ICC
News

NAN Berates Senator Adamu Over ICC Petition On Kaduna By-Election

2025/08/29
Leadership Conference advertisement

LATEST

US Connecticut State Declares August 23 Ex-APC Presidential Aspirant’s Day

ADC, A Group Of Failed Politicians, Says PDP

Tinubu Can Still Be Competitive In 2027 If… – SDP Adebayo

2027: Igbo Free To Contest Presidential Election – Ohanaeze

ADC Tackles INEC Over New Voter Registration Figures

The Mawlid Debate

God First Ministry To Mark 36th Anniversary With Charity

NAN Berates Senator Adamu Over ICC Petition On Kaduna By-Election

Kaduna: Kidnap Ranking Report False, Mischievous – Commissioner

Okutepa, Idachaba And The New Igala Renaissance

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.