• Hausa Edition
  • Podcast
  • Conferences
  • LeVogue Magazine
  • Business News
  • Print Advert Rates
  • Online Advert Rates
  • Contact Us
Friday, August 29, 2025
Leadership Newspapers
Read in Hausa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Leadership Newspapers
No Result
View All Result

Lagos Police, Lawyer Bicker Over Reasons For Peter Obi’s ‘Convoy Boy’ Quadri’s Arrest

by Nafisat Abdulrahman and Leadership News
4 months ago
in News
Lagos police
Share on WhatsAppShare on FacebookShare on XTelegram

The Lagos State Police Command has clarified the circumstances surrounding the arrest and detention of Alabi Quadri, the teenager who rose to fame during the 2023 presidential electioneering campaign for standing in front of the convoy of the then Labour Party candidate, Peter Obi.

Advertisement

In a statement released Saturday via its official X (formerly Twitter) handle and signed by the Command’s spokesperson, CSP Benjamin Hundeyin, the Police said Quadri was arrested for his alleged involvement in a violent street fight in the Amukoko area of Lagos on January 22, 2025.

“The Lagos State Police Command is aware of public concerns surrounding the case of Alabi Quadri, an 18-year-old who was remanded to correctional service following his involvement in violent attacks, public disturbance, causing extensive damage to public and private properties, and injuries to persons standing by in the Amukoko area,” Hundeyin said.

The police maintained that the incident escalated into a serious breach of public peace, during which several people sustained injuries and both public and private property were damaged. Innocent passersby were also reportedly robbed in the chaos.

“In response, police officers of the command immediately launched an investigation into the incident. More crucial information was provided by members of the community, some of whom witnessed the incident and recognised several individuals involved,” the statement read.

RELATED

Maltina Rolls Out New Pet Bottles, Pledges To Nourish 1m Students

Maltina Rolls Out New Pet Bottles, Pledges To Nourish 1m Students

1 hour ago
PICTORIAL: VP Shettima Represents Tinubu At Ex-VP Sambo Son’s Wedding In Kano

PICTORIAL: VP Shettima Represents Tinubu At Ex-VP Sambo Son’s Wedding In Kano

1 hour ago
ADVERTISEMENT

 

Hundeyin added that victims of the robbery gave statements and identified some of those involved. Based on these accounts, Quadri and four others were arrested and subsequently arraigned.

 

ADVERTISEMENT

“All police actions taken in this case have been in the laid-down processes and in accordance with due process, procedures, and based on credible evidence gathered during the investigation,” the statement concluded.

 

However, the case took a dramatic turn when the Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecutions (DPP) found no evidence to support the armed robbery charge initially filed against Quadri. A Magistrate Court in Apapa subsequently ordered his release on Thursday.

 

Quadri’s legal counsel, Inibehe Effiong, described his client’s ordeal as a “diabolical frame-up,” alleging that two local thugs in Amukoko identified as Lege and Baba Waris kidnapped the teenager near his home and handed him over to the police, falsely claiming he was part of the street fight.

 

According to Effiong, Quadri had been under pressure and threats from these individuals since 2023, after receiving donations from supporters of Peter Obi. He also revealed that community leaders had pressured the family to buy a cow and host a feast in a bid to settle the issue.

 

Effiong further contested the police’s version of events, pointing out discrepancies, including the wrongful classification of Quadri as an adult. “He was sent to prison along with four adults he didn’t know. His age was also wrongly recorded as 18,” the lawyer stated.

 

While the police reiterated their commitment to justice and called for calm, Effiong expressed concerns over the treatment of his client and promised to pursue redress.

 

The Lagos Police Command emphasised the importance of allowing the judicial process to take its course and assured the public of its readiness to engage stakeholders for transparency.

“The command remains open to engaging with the general public, opinion groups, and community stakeholders to transparently clarify every concern and ensure justice is served fairly,” Hundeyin stated.


Join Our WhatsApp Channel

Nigerians can now earn US Dollars monthly by acquiring domains cheaply and reselling for profits up to $18,000 (nearly ₦30Million). Beneficiaries include professionals, entrepreneurs, civil servants and more. Click here to start.


Tags: Alabi QuadriInibehe EffiongPeter Obi
SendShare10176Tweet6360Share
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Lagos Monarch Elegushi To Empower 1,000 Subjects To Mark 15th Anniversary

Next Post

Ex-Arsenal Midfielder Ramsey Named Interim Manager Of Cardiff City

Nafisat Abdulrahman and Leadership News

Nafisat Abdulrahman and Leadership News

You May Like

Maltina Rolls Out New Pet Bottles, Pledges To Nourish 1m Students
Business

Maltina Rolls Out New Pet Bottles, Pledges To Nourish 1m Students

2025/08/29
PICTORIAL: VP Shettima Represents Tinubu At Ex-VP Sambo Son’s Wedding In Kano
News

PICTORIAL: VP Shettima Represents Tinubu At Ex-VP Sambo Son’s Wedding In Kano

2025/08/29
Tinubu Excited As Nigerian Babalola Emerges As Rotary International President
News

Tinubu Excited As Nigerian Babalola Emerges As Rotary International President

2025/08/29
currency exchange process
Business

How To Calculate Pips In Forex And Other Important Tips For Traders

2025/08/29
Amid Succession Crisis In NIWA, Boat Mishap Claims 30 Lives In Kebbi
News

JUST-IN: Many Feared Dead As Sokoto Records Another Boat Tragedy

2025/08/29
2023: Power Shift To South Non-negotiable, Say Jonathan’s Kinsmen
News

Jonathan Hasn’t Ruled Himself Out Of 2027 Presidential Contest, Says Ex-President’s Cousin

2025/08/29
Leadership Conference advertisement

LATEST

Maltina Rolls Out New Pet Bottles, Pledges To Nourish 1m Students

PICTORIAL: VP Shettima Represents Tinubu At Ex-VP Sambo Son’s Wedding In Kano

Tinubu Excited As Nigerian Babalola Emerges As Rotary International President

How To Calculate Pips In Forex And Other Important Tips For Traders

Tottenham Sign Simons From RB Leipzig For £52m

JUST-IN: Many Feared Dead As Sokoto Records Another Boat Tragedy

Jonathan Hasn’t Ruled Himself Out Of 2027 Presidential Contest, Says Ex-President’s Cousin

Court Jails Businessman 6 Months For Cocaine Trafficking

Lagos Records 8,692 Domestic, Sexual Violence Cases In 1 Year

PICTORIAL: Obasanjo Visits Alaafin Amid Row With Ooni

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.