• Hausa Edition
  • Podcast
  • Conferences
  • LeVogue Magazine
  • Business News
  • Print Advert Rates
  • Online Advert Rates
  • Contact Us
Friday, August 29, 2025
Leadership Newspapers
Read in Hausa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Leadership Newspapers
No Result
View All Result

Police Withdraw Personnel, Armoured Vehicles From Sanusi II Palace

by Abdulmumin Murtala
9 months ago
in News
Share on WhatsAppShare on FacebookShare on XTelegram

The police authorities have withdrawn their operatives and Armoured Personnel Vehicles from the gate of the palace of the 16th Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanui II.

Advertisement

The personnel and vehicles were deployed in the palace on Friday apparently to prevent the Emir from installing the new district head of Bichi.

When LEADERSHIP Sunday visited the palace yesterday, the APVs and fierce-looking armed personnel earlier stationed in front of the palace were no longer there.

Like they did on Friday when the siege on the palace was laid, top officials of the Kano State Police Command declined to comment on the incident when our correspondent contacted them yesterday.

There were however rumours that the order was from above. The command’s public relations officer did not respond to calls and text messages from newsmen in the state.

RELATED

Tudun Biri: Northern Elders Ask FG, Governors To Fulfil Promises

ACF Expresses Concern Over Alaba Rago Demolition

25 seconds ago
FG, ASUU Dispute Lingers As Minister Denies ‘Past Agreements’

FG, ASUU Dispute Lingers As Minister Denies ‘Past Agreements’

3 minutes ago
ADVERTISEMENT

In a reaction to the barricade of his palace on Friday, Sanusi appealed to Kano residents not to engage in any form of violence following the police action.

He said, “I wish to warn you against falling into the trap of the enemies of Kano who want to set Kano on fire through violent killings, destruction of public property and maiming of innocent individuals.”

Sanusi made the appeal in a sermon he delivered at the Friday Mosque of the palace.

ADVERTISEMENT

According to him, “Islam preaches that you be patient at all times. With patience one becomes great, without which one would get nowhere.”

The state government had earlier condemned the police action which was said to have been taken to stop the Emir from appointing a district head for Bichi, one of the emirates dissolved by the current administration in the state.

In Bichi town, a group of youths staged a protest chanting slogans such as “We want Emir not District Head.”

The appointment of the district head had not taken place but calm has returned to the state.


Join Our WhatsApp Channel

Nigerians can now earn US Dollars monthly by acquiring domains cheaply and reselling for profits up to $18,000 (nearly ₦30Million). Beneficiaries include professionals, entrepreneurs, civil servants and more. Click here to start.


Tags: Kano Emir Sanusi II
SendShare10189Tweet6368Share
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

How Jigawa Is Advancing Food Security, Gov Namadi’s Adviser Speaks

Next Post

Cash Scarcity Persists As Banks Ignore CBN Order

Abdulmumin Murtala

Abdulmumin Murtala

You May Like

Tudun Biri: Northern Elders Ask FG, Governors To Fulfil Promises
News

ACF Expresses Concern Over Alaba Rago Demolition

2025/08/29
FG, ASUU Dispute Lingers As Minister Denies ‘Past Agreements’
Cover Stories

FG, ASUU Dispute Lingers As Minister Denies ‘Past Agreements’

2025/08/29
17-yr-old Nafisa Beats 69 Countries To Win Global English Contest
Cover Stories

FG Awards 17-year-Old Nafisa N200,000 For Clinching World Title In English

2025/08/29
Mechanical Engineer From Kwara — All You Need To Know About New NNPCL Boss Bashir Ojulari
Cover Stories

NNPCL Planning Joint Operations With Private Refiners To Rescue Refineries – Ojulari

2025/08/29
Tubotamuno Launches ‘The Elite Wanderer’ To Turn Wealth Into Power, Legacy
News

Tubotamuno Launches ‘The Elite Wanderer’ To Turn Wealth Into Power, Legacy

2025/08/28
Bauchi To Pay Leave Grant To LG Workers
News

2027: Why PDP Must Present Southern Christian Candidate — Bauchi Gov

2025/08/28
Leadership Conference advertisement

LATEST

ACF Expresses Concern Over Alaba Rago Demolition

FG, ASUU Dispute Lingers As Minister Denies ‘Past Agreements’

FG Awards 17-year-Old Nafisa N200,000 For Clinching World Title In English

NNPCL Planning Joint Operations With Private Refiners To Rescue Refineries – Ojulari

Tubotamuno Launches ‘The Elite Wanderer’ To Turn Wealth Into Power, Legacy

2027: Why PDP Must Present Southern Christian Candidate — Bauchi Gov

Akure Monarch Shuts Markets, Shops For Amole Festival

Federal Gov’t To End Police Escort Misuse By VIPs, Says Hadiza Bala-Usman

INEC Allays ADC’s Fears Over Voter Registration Figures

JUST-IN: Besiktas Sack Ole Gunnar Solskjær As Head Coach

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.