Liverpool will want to maintain their unbeaten start to the Premier League campaign and close gap on leader, Manchester City, when they host West Ham United at Anfield on Sunday.
The Reds have picked up four wins and a draw from their first five league matches, and they are currently third in the league table with 14 points behind first place City on 18 points from six matches.
West Ham United also made an impressive start to the Premier League campaign as well picking up 10 points from their first five league matches. The Hammers are sixth on the league table and will fancy their chances of pulling off an upset at Anfield this Sunday.
West Ham are coming into this game on the heel of a defeat against Manchester City and they will look to bounce back strongly at Anfield.
– Liverpool have a good historical record against West Ham and have won 81 out of the 147 matches played between the two teams, as opposed to West Ham United’s 29 victories.
– The Reds have lost only one of their last 50 matches at home against David Moyes side in the Premier League and have won each of their last six such games in the competition.
– Since they completed the league double over Liverpool in the 2015-16 campaign, West Ham United have won only one of their last 14 Premier League games against the hosts.
– Liverpool are currently on the longest active unbeaten run in the Premier League and have not suffered defeat in any of their last 16 matches in the competition.
– West Ham United have won their last two games away from home in the Premier League – only one victory fewer than they managed last season.