Real Madrid will look to maintain their winning streak in the UEFA Champions League when they welcome Serie A champions Napoli to the Bernabeu.
The Spanish club have already booked their place in the Round of 16, but they still need a point to ensure they finish top of their group. As a result, they will look for their fifth win, having already won four out of four so far.
Victor Osimhen and his Napoli teammates are desperately seeking to earn a spot in the UEFA Champions League Round of 16 and must win at Bernabeu on Wednesday night to keep the dream alive.
The Italian side currently in fourth place in the Serie A standings and are yet to hit their stride so far this season. The Neapolitan outfit edged Atalanta to a crucial 2-1 victory over the weekend and will be confident ahead of this fixture.
Napoli have never defeated Real Madrid in an official game and will be eager to get past the Spanish giants this time around as it will book their spot in the Round of 16.
Head-to-Head and stats
– Real Madrid have an excellent record against Napoli and have won the last three matches that have been played between the two teams.
– Napoli are yet to defeat Real Madrid in an official fixture.
– Real Madrid are unbeaten in all their five matches against Napoli in European competitions and have won each of their three such games in the UEFA Champions League.
– Napoli have lost each of their two matches away from home against Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League, with their previous such defeat in the competition coming by a 3-1 scoreline in 2017.
– Real Madrid have won 15 out of their last 16 matches against teams from Italy in the UEFA Champions League and have won each of their last nine such games.
Real Madrid have won eight of their last nine matches at home in the UEFA Champions League.