Traveling to Australia is popular among young and old alike because of the many incredible sights you can see while there. With a huge diversity of tourist spots, from natural to man-made, Australia is a fantastic destination for everyone.
Australia can offer you delights in food and culture as well as in more energetic pursuits, like surfing, swimming, hiking, and more. If you’re planning a trip to Australia, you might be wondering what kind of documents you will need for travel.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot has changed for tourists to Australia, which means the documents you will need may differ from any of your previous visits.
Below, we’ve gathered as much information as we can for you to understand the kind of things you’re going to need before a trip to Australia. We’ve also listed a few things you should know before heading out there! Keep reading to find out more.
What Do I Need To Visit Australia?
There are a few different documents you’ll need to be granted entry into Australia on your trip there and these include travel documents as well as the possibility of COVID-19 documents. To find out more, keep reading.
To get into Australia, all visitors are in need of a valid passport, a visa that covers the kind of trip you’re going to take, and a signed and completed incoming passenger card.
Visas to Australia vary depending on the kind of travel that you’re doing. You will need a different kind of visa if you intend to work while traveling than the one you will need just for tourist purposes. It is essential that you make sure you have the right kind of visa so that you don’t run into problems when you arrive.
An incoming passenger card is required of all travelers in Australia who are not Australian citizens. It effectively acts as proof of entry into the country.
These requirements may differ if you hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, some changes have been made to the kind of documents you’ll need to enter Australia. On top of the above, you will also need some documents pertaining to COVID-19.
To travel to Australia, you will need to have proof of certain vaccines and be free from any illness that may pose a threat to public health. You will need to have proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status and if you have not been vaccinated, then you may be required to quarantine in a hotel upon arrival into the country.
You no longer need proof of a negative COVID-19 test before entering the country, but you will be required to follow the rules of the airline you are using which may require different things. You will also be required to wear a mask for the duration of your flight into Australia, though you can remove it to eat and drink.
Things To Know Before Heading To Australia
Traveling to Australia can be an exciting time. With so much to see and do, you’ll want to get started as soon as possible, but before you go, we have a few things we think you should know before heading out there. These include:
● Australia is a huge place – While planning your trip, you need to be very aware of quite how big a place Australia is. Travel between cities can take as long as travel between countries on other continents and so you need to plan accordingly.
● The weather varies – Though Australia has a reputation for sunny beaches and year-long heat, not all parts of Australia have the hot weather it is well-known for. Make sure you do some research about each of the places you’ll be heading to, to ensure that you have packed all of the right kinds of clothes.
● Carry sunblock – This may seem very obvious, but it is essential that you carry sunblock, and apply it regularly, on your trip to Australia!
● Be prepared for spotty service – Internet service can vary a lot across Australia. While you’ll get the service you’re used to in most cities, the farther out you go, the more you will need to prepare to go offline!
● Follow all safety rules on beaches – Beach safety is incredibly important in Australia. Though it is not quite as infested with deadly animals as people think, the waters around Australia can be which is why you always need to follow the rules set out by lifeguards. Don’t take risks and stay between the flags.
Conclusion: Travel To Australia
Australia is a fantastic place to visit and you’ll get to see some truly amazing sights. Before you go, ensure you have all of the documents required for the territory you’re heading to, to make your arrival as smooth as possible.