The Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) has commissioned a modern honey processing facility for Beekeepers Association(BA), one of its One Local Government One Product (OLOP) pilot projects that commenced in 2016 in Dogon Daji-Kagarko of Kaduna State.
Speaking during the ceremony, the director general of SMEDAN, Dr. Dikko Radda, who was represented by the director of planning and research,Oluwale Fusanya, revealed that the project consists the provision of honey processing machine, workspace upgrade, working capital, capacity building and delivery of business development services.
The OLOP is a programme adopted by SMEDAN to promote the development of at least one identified product per local government in Nigeria. The aim is to deliver upgrade capacity to selected viable cooperative societies with a view to improving the productivity and quality of their products.
According to Fusanya, the agency was implementing the programme in 109 senatorial districts in the country and their effort was based on the successful implementation of the pilot phase which held in Katsina, Anambra, Osun, FCT and now Kaduna.
In an interview, the chairman of the Beekeepers Association (BA), Mr. Bulus Sambo, said SMEDAN has committed N3.5 million as initial capital and N2.8 million for machinery.
He explained that out of the total amount given them by Mwaghauul Microfinance Bank, 30 per cent was grant and the remaining 70 per cent was loan which the MD/CEO of the bank, Mr.Simon Lawan confirmed they had already started paying back.
Adamawa Govt Begins Registration of 100,000 Unemployed Youths
COVID-19: Edo Recording Remarkable Success In Mgt Of Patients, Okundia Assures
Orphanage Advocates Against Rape, Incest, Urges Free Treatment For Victims
Banditry: Arewa Group Drums Support For Army’s Operation Sahel Sanity
COVID-19: WAHO, German Govt Donate Medical Supplies To Nigeria
Adamawa Govt Set-Up Committee Of Inquiry On Lunguda/Wajah Crisis
Imperative Of National Blood Service Commission
COVER STORIES10 hours ago
Magu Fights Back, Says Recovered Loots Don’t Generate Interest
NEWS2 hours ago
Major Skake-up: Army Redeploys 41 Senior Officers
NEWS23 hours ago
Retired DCI Hails PMB For Sustaining Anti-graft War
COVER STORIES10 hours ago
Coronavirus Grounds Activities In Government Houses
NEWS22 hours ago
Urhobo Nation Demands Inclusion In 57 Marginal Fields Bidding
NEWS20 hours ago
COVID-19: Lagos Records 12 Deaths Within 24 Hours – NCDC
ISSUES20 hours ago
Ambition Is In The Making: 20 Years Of Ahmad Sani Yarima (1999-2019)
Others11 hours ago
Boko Haram And The Many Lies Against Nigerian Army