• Hausa Edition
  • Podcast
  • Conferences
  • LeVogue Magazine
  • Business News
  • Print Advert Rates
  • Online Advert Rates
  • Contact Us
Friday, August 29, 2025
Leadership Newspapers
Read in Hausa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Leadership Newspapers
No Result
View All Result

Abducted Ekiti Pupils, Teachers Regain Freedom

by Alo Abiola
2 years ago
in News
Share on WhatsAppShare on FacebookShare on XTelegram

School pupils and staffers of Apostolic Faith Group of Schools, Emure Ekiti, who were kidnapped last Monday, have been released by their abductors.

Advertisement

The driver was however killed by the outlaws.

The kidnapped victims were said to have regained their freedom from the kidnappers’ den yesterday morning.

Their release came six days after their abduction by unknown gunmen last Monday along Emure-Eporo Road while returning to Eporo in the school bus.

The kidnap victims at the time of the incident were five students, three female teachers and a driver.

RELATED

‘Best Decision Of My Life’, Falz Announces Introduction To ‘Mystery’ Woman

‘Best Decision Of My Life’, Falz Announces Introduction To ‘Mystery’ Woman

2 minutes ago
Community, Bandit Leaders Sign Accord To End Insecurity In Katsina

Community, Bandit Leaders Sign Accord To End Insecurity In Katsina

6 minutes ago
ADVERTISEMENT

The public relations office of the Ekiti State Police Command, DSP Sunday Abutu, who confirmed their release, however, said that the bus driver had been killed.

Abutu said, “All victims were rescued today at about 1.30am, but, unfortunately, we lost the driver who was suspected killed by the abductors.”

The state police command, in a statement made available to newsmen in Ado Ekiti yesterday said: “We wish to inform the general public that the five abducted school children including their teachers on 29/01/2024 in Emure-Ekiti have been rescued successfully.

ADVERTISEMENT

“This, no doubt, was made possible through the combined efforts of the Police and other security agencies, including the Amotekun Corps, local vigilantes and hunters as well as the family members and support from the federal and state governments.

“While we sympathise with the family members of the driver who is suspected to have been killed by the abductors while in hostage, the Command vows to continue with the operation and investigation until the perpetrators are arrested and made to face the full wrath of the law.”

The statement signed by the PPRO Abutu said the rescued victims had been handed over to the state government for medical examination and attention.

 

When asked whether any arrest had been made, the police spokesman said, “Not yet but the operation shall continue as we want to ensure that the perpetrators are apprehended and made to face the full wrath of the law.”

 

He did not confirm whether ransom was paid to secure the release of the rescued kidnap victims.

 

Reacting to the development, Ekiti State Governor Biodun Oyebanji thanked President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the security agencies and Ekiti people for their support which led to the timely release of the kidnapped pupils and workers of Apostolic Faith Nursery and Primary School, Emure Ekiti.

Noting the traumatic experience of the children in the kidnappers’ den, Governor Oyebanji directed the commissioner for health and human services, Dr Oyebanji Filani, to take the children to the Ekiti State Teaching Hospital, Ado Ekiti, for proper medical treatment and post trauma therapy.

Similarly, the governor, in a statement by his special adviser (media), Yinka Oyebode, yesterday said the killers of the two Ekiti monarchs would be fished out and made to face the full weight of the law.

He urged the people of the state to remain vigilant and report any suspicious movements in their communities to the authorities.

 

 


Join Our WhatsApp Channel

Nigerians can now earn US Dollars monthly by acquiring domains cheaply and reselling for profits up to $18,000 (nearly ₦30Million). Beneficiaries include professionals, entrepreneurs, civil servants and more. Click here to start.


SendShare10180Tweet6363Share
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Minister Cancels Planned Birthday Party For Husband

Next Post

Namibia’s President, Geinhob, Dies At 82

Alo Abiola

Alo Abiola

You May Like

‘Best Decision Of My Life’, Falz Announces Introduction To ‘Mystery’ Woman
Entertainment

‘Best Decision Of My Life’, Falz Announces Introduction To ‘Mystery’ Woman

2025/08/29
Community, Bandit Leaders Sign Accord To End Insecurity In Katsina
News

Community, Bandit Leaders Sign Accord To End Insecurity In Katsina

2025/08/29
Immigration Begins Passport Application Automation
News

Mixed Reactions Trail Federal Govt’s Passport Fee Hike

2025/08/29
Better Days Ahead, Makinde Assures Civil Servants
News

Oyo Gov’t Tackles APC Over N300bn ‘Fresh’ Loan Claim

2025/08/29
Peter Obi Calls For Reopening Of Onitsha Markets Closed Over Illicit Drugs
News

‘Passport Now Costs More Than Minimum Wage’, Obi Slams Federal Gov’t Over Fees Hike

2025/08/29
US Vetoes Call For ‘Immediate Ceasefire’ In Gaza
News

US Connecticut State Declares August 23 Ex-APC Presidential Aspirant’s Day

2025/08/29
Leadership Conference advertisement

LATEST

‘Best Decision Of My Life’, Falz Announces Introduction To ‘Mystery’ Woman

Community, Bandit Leaders Sign Accord To End Insecurity In Katsina

Mixed Reactions Trail Federal Govt’s Passport Fee Hike

Oyo Gov’t Tackles APC Over N300bn ‘Fresh’ Loan Claim

‘Passport Now Costs More Than Minimum Wage’, Obi Slams Federal Gov’t Over Fees Hike

2025/26 UEFA Champions League Phase Draw, Fixtures Unveiled

2027: PDP Considering Obi, Jonathan, Says Gov Mohammed

Man Utd Reject Mainoo Loan Request

Chelsea Agree £40m Fee With Man Utd For Garnacho

Tottenham Nears £51.8m Deal For Leipzig’s Simons

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.