• Hausa Edition
  • Podcast
  • Conferences
  • LeVogue Magazine
  • Business News
  • Print Advert Rates
  • Online Advert Rates
  • Contact Us
Sunday, August 31, 2025
Leadership Newspapers
Read in Hausa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Leadership Newspapers
No Result
View All Result

Wike To Shutdown Illegal Motor Parks Over ‘One Chance’ Activities

by Igho Oyoyo
2 years ago
in News
Wike
Share on WhatsAppShare on FacebookShare on XTelegram

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has threatened to shut down illegal motor parks in the capital city Abuja over rising “One-Chance” robbery in the city.

Advertisement

Wike who made this known yesterday during a chat with journalists in his office in Abuja, said a joint task force on cross-border crimes was set up last week to tackle the security menace called ‘one-chance’ robbery.

There have been reported cases of “one-Chance” robbery and kidnapping in Abuja for weeks with fear gripping some residents over the activities of criminals who disguise as commercial vehicle operators to attack and rob unsuspecting victims.

The minister also blamed the rising crime in the capital city on illegal motor parks and uncompleted buildings used as dens by criminals.

“We are getting a lot of reports about kidnappings here, about one-chance there. In most cases, we do not even let the public know what has been done. I can tell you the security agencies have done quite a lot. If not, by now, the FCT would have been a different thing.

RELATED

UI VC Underscores Staying Connected With One’s Roots

UI VC Underscores Staying Connected With One’s Roots

24 minutes ago
Sanwo-Olu Congratulates Yoruba People On Isese Day Celebration

We’re Raising Leaders Who’ll Rise Above Self-interests, Says Sanwo-Olu

27 minutes ago
ADVERTISEMENT

 

“One of the areas we identified is that the FCT is at the centre, we have Niger State, we have Kogi State, we have Nasarawa State, we have Kaduna State. And if you check these four states, these four states that experience from time to time, banditry, kidnapping.

 

ADVERTISEMENT

“And we discovered that most of the areas that criminals stay are shanties and uncompleted buildings and that is why we say we cannot allow these uncompleted buildings where criminals have made their place of abode. Bring down all these uncompleted buildings which have turned into shanties and they will have nowhere to hide.

 

“Just last week, we set up a task force on those states that we have borders with and one-chance. A joint security task force including the SSS, the police, the army, the navy, and they have identified the way they will operate,” he said.

 

He stressed that to prove that the administration is concerned about the activities of ‘One Chance’ that is why they have to set up the joint task force for the one-chance and the border control.

 

“Again, you see a lot of illegal motor parks. When we come up with a policy that we can not allow these illegal motor parks, people will come up to say the economy is hard, things are tough but nobody wants to look at it from the security implication.

 

“We are also planning to shut down some of these illegal motor parks,” he said.


Join Our WhatsApp Channel



Tags: Wike
SendShare10172Tweet6357Share
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Prison Decongestion: Federal Govt To Pay N500m Fine For 4,000 Inmates’ Release

Next Post

Reps Demand Ban On Immoral Educational Materials

Igho Oyoyo

Igho Oyoyo

You May Like

UI VC Underscores Staying Connected With One’s Roots
News

UI VC Underscores Staying Connected With One’s Roots

2025/08/31
Sanwo-Olu Congratulates Yoruba People On Isese Day Celebration
News

We’re Raising Leaders Who’ll Rise Above Self-interests, Says Sanwo-Olu

2025/08/31
LASG Partners Firm On Digital Teaching To Transform Public School Education
News

LASG Backs WBFA’s School Hygiene Drive To Combat Infectious Diseases

2025/08/31
Oluwo Of Iwo
News

MURIC Condemns Attacks On Oluwo

2025/08/31
24,000 Missing Persons Registered On ICRC Tracking List In Nigeria – Official
News

Red Cross Urges Sustained Search For Missing Persons

2025/08/31
Kaduna Govt Dredges River Kaduna To Tackle Flood
News

Kaduna Govt Dredges River Kaduna To Tackle Flood

2025/08/31
Leadership Conference advertisement

LATEST

2027: We Must Close Ranks, Mobilise Support For Tinubu – Aiyedatiwa

UI VC Underscores Staying Connected With One’s Roots

We’re Raising Leaders Who’ll Rise Above Self-interests, Says Sanwo-Olu

LASG Backs WBFA’s School Hygiene Drive To Combat Infectious Diseases

MURIC Condemns Attacks On Oluwo

Red Cross Urges Sustained Search For Missing Persons

Kaduna Govt Dredges River Kaduna To Tackle Flood

North-East Governors Tackle Insecurity, Poverty At Jalingo Meeting

Varsity Lecturers Have Become Uber Drivers, Beggars – ASUU Chairman

Cleric Calls For Enlightenment On Child Spacing

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.