Media personality, Toke Makinwa, has revealed how her parents died in a fire accident while she was still a kid, asserting that the incident was one of her ‘biggest fears’.
She made the disclosure while hosting Comedian and movie maker, Ayo Makun, popularly known as AY, on her show recently. Toke had asked her guest about a recent fire incident at his Lagos residence, prompting her to relive a similar experience about her family many years ago.
LEADERSHIP reports that AY’s house in Lagos was gutted by fire in August.
Toke said, “I’ve been a victim of a house fire when I was a kid and unfortunately both my parents died as a result of that. That’s one of my biggest fears.”
AY responded, “Sorry about that. I’m just hearing for the first time.”
He stated that he was on tour in Canada when his house went up in flames.
“Knowing fully well that my family were on holidays, that was my point of thanksgiving.
“I woke up to about 78 missed calls that day. Any time I see something like that, I just know something has happened. I opened my phone and saw my house on Instablog.”
According to him, the fire erupted from the rooftop and was caused by electrical fault. He said he lost cash amongst other valuable possessions, which perished in the inferno.