• Hausa Edition
  • Podcast
  • Conferences
  • LeVogue Magazine
  • Business News
  • Print Advert Rates
  • Online Advert Rates
  • Contact Us
Friday, August 29, 2025
Leadership Newspapers
Read in Hausa
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Leadership Newspapers
No Result
View All Result

No Increase In Registration Fee – JAMB

by Leadership News and Henry Tyohemba
2 years ago
in Cover Stories
Ishaq Oloyede, Registrar of JAMB

Ishaq Oloyede, Registrar of JAMB

Share on WhatsAppShare on FacebookShare on XTelegram

Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has debunked recent publications insinuating that it had increased its examination registration fee.

Advertisement

The board’s public communication advisor (PCA), Dr Fabian Benjamin, in a press statement yesterday, said the cost of obtaining the board’s UTME application documents remains N3,500, which has been the cost of its application documents since it was brought down from N5000 in 2018.

He stated that the cost of application documents price has not been increased in spite of the prevailing economic reality in the country which has also affected the cost of the Board’s operations.

“Consequently, the Board wishes to assure the general public that the Board had been doing all within its powers to ensure that candidates are not overburdened in anyway. One of these measures is to deliberately keep cost low hence its decision to make available its Use of English reading text free of charge through a QR code to ensure that the increase in cost of production is not passed to candidates.

“Therefore, all UTME candidates would access the reading text free of charge through multiple channels, which include their profiles, e-mail address, notification slip and the Board’s website.

RELATED

FG, ASUU Dispute Lingers As Minister Denies ‘Past Agreements’

FG, ASUU Dispute Lingers As Minister Denies ‘Past Agreements’

3 hours ago
17-yr-old Nafisa Beats 69 Countries To Win Global English Contest

FG Awards 17-year-Old Nafisa N200,000 For Clinching World Title In English

3 hours ago
ADVERTISEMENT

“It is, however, pertinent to state the fact that what is being perceived in some quarters as increment in its fees is nothing other than the fallout of its cashless policy through which all fees payable by candidates to CBT centres have been consolidated and are paid along with their application fees to prevent their wanton exploitation by unscrupulous centre owners.

“These fees are in turn remitted to partnering centres on a weekly basis. For instance, candidates are expected to pay N700 for registration, N1,500 as examination fees and N1,500 for the optional Mock-UTME at privately – owned centres,” he added.

Fabian further said the registration fee of N700, which is to be paid to CBT centres by candidates, is now to be collected by the Board along with N1,500, which is the cost for sitting the main UTME, and N1,500 as the cost of the optional mock-UTME etc are to be collected by the Board on behalf of the CBT centres.


Join Our WhatsApp Channel

Nigerians can now earn US Dollars monthly by acquiring domains cheaply and reselling for profits up to $18,000 (nearly ₦30Million). Beneficiaries include professionals, entrepreneurs, civil servants and more. Click here to start.


SendShare10196Tweet6373Share
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Naira Fall: Reps Want Yuan Adopted As Exchange Currency

Next Post

Nigeria’s Debt Stock Inches To N87.91trn In Q3 –DMO

Leadership News and Henry Tyohemba

Leadership News and Henry Tyohemba

You May Like

FG, ASUU Dispute Lingers As Minister Denies ‘Past Agreements’
Cover Stories

FG, ASUU Dispute Lingers As Minister Denies ‘Past Agreements’

2025/08/29
17-yr-old Nafisa Beats 69 Countries To Win Global English Contest
Cover Stories

FG Awards 17-year-Old Nafisa N200,000 For Clinching World Title In English

2025/08/29
Mechanical Engineer From Kwara — All You Need To Know About New NNPCL Boss Bashir Ojulari
Cover Stories

NNPCL Planning Joint Operations With Private Refiners To Rescue Refineries – Ojulari

2025/08/29
PDP Southern Ticket: Lobby For Jonathan, Obi’s Return Hots Up
Cover Stories

PDP Southern Ticket: Lobby For Jonathan, Obi’s Return Hots Up

2025/08/28
Residents Fighting Bandits With Stones Made Me Buy Arms – Katsina Lawmaker
Cover Stories

Residents Fighting Bandits With Stones Made Me Buy Arms – Katsina Lawmaker

2025/08/28
JUST-IN: NRC Suspends Abuja-Kaduna Train Services After Derailment
Cover Stories

Minister Sets Up 12-man Panel To Probe Train Derailment As NRC MD Apologises

2025/08/28
Leadership Conference advertisement

LATEST

Nigeria’s Top Oil Boss Walking into A Trap

Herders Ask Security Agencies, Others To Disregard Alleged Killings In Bokkos

Commissioner Tasks Kwara Teachers On Innovation

320 Kwara Schools Get Hygiene Wash Stations

Church Donates Food, Hygiene Items To Vulnerable Families In 5 States

Nigeria, Team Europe Chart New Course For Data Exchange

Again, 4 Killed In Benue Attack

AIG Hails Dangote Cement CSR Initiatives

Experts Task Schools To Integrate AI Into Curriculum

FG Urged To Provide Mentorship, Harness Youths’ Digital Skills For Security

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
    • Editorial
  • Columns
  • Football
  • Others
    • LeVogue Magazine
    • Conferences
    • National Economy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Leadership Media Group - All Rights Reserved.